1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Any speed improvements to stock music player on android 2.2 (froyo)?

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by jeezuz, Jun 8, 2010.

1. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member

May 5, 2010
    Haven't seen any information on this.

Since everyone says that 2.2 is a lot faster than 2.1, does that include the music player also?

I like the stock music player (although i have the incredible, so it is the sense music player), i like all the features it has (delete songs, playlists, full lock screen support, etc.

The only thing i don't like its that its way slow when going to the list (either artist, all songs, genre). I have over 2500 songs so i know this is the reason, but im just hoping that once we get the upgrade the speed will be more acceptable.

Other than that does anyone know of a third party app that has lockscreen art, and all the basic functionality of the stock music player but performs faster when viewing the list? I've tried all I could find, mixzing, doubletwist, museek, cubed, astro media player, vanilla music player, meridian, btunes, and some other ones I can't remember now but they all have something missing from the stock media player.

Edit: Oh I forgot , also that recognizes the internal storage in the incredible (without having to pick one or the other)

Advertisement

2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The Incredible has this problem too? On my Eris scrolling through the song list is just painful. Its great otherwise, and worked fine in 1.5. I miss not having to unlock the phone to skip or pause songs. I hope that if (and that's a BIG IF) the Eris gets 2.2, I hope the music player speeds up.

3. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    yea it happens on my eris too whenever i play music it lags the whole phone up.