• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any suggestions why audio is breaking up when playing for extended length?

NJRonbo

Android Enthusiast
Aug 25, 2012
Every evening when I go to bed, I place my Galaxy Note II on a media dock which is plugged into my Bose Alarm radio. With an app called Ambiance, I play looped sounds which help me sleep.

To give slightly more background, I use a Samsung Galaxy S3 dock (which is compatible with the Note 2).

This setup has worked great for the past few months since I started using it.

But now, I notice that sound is breaking up every few minutes when I am playing the Ambiance sleep machine.

I noticed the problem after doing a rooted flash to my phone that was supposed to put the contents of my internal card onto my external. The flash did not work on my phone because there is a bug for anyone doing it with a 64GB card.

In any case, I am not certain if there is something running in the background that is eating my resources and interrupting the flow of audio. The breakup is not consistent time wise. It can happen in 3 minutes of playback or it can happen in 10 minutes.

I am just trying to figure out what is causing the audio breakup.

I have killed all running programs while using the sleep app -- at least I think I have.

Is there any tool "app" that will show me what may be causing this problem, and if so, what specifically should I look for?

I am not ruling out a loose connection on the dock or cable that connects it to the radio. However, if that were the problem, I think the breakup of audio would be more consistent.

Thanks for any help that any of you can provide.

Just wanted to comment/ask a question on this topic, my phone does this a lot, when I'm driving I connect it to my bluetooth, turn the screen off and lay the phone down, afterwards every 15-20 secs the song breaks up, and it's really annoying, and what sux is that I never noticed it until I read this post the other day, then I had to find the post and comment, has anyone elses done this, it's frustrating, makes me want to hard reset, lol. I'm playing the music thru google music and using the motorola bluetooth in my car, never had this problem before, and I've had this phone since Nov 29 I think it was and just started noticing it the last 3-4 days. Any suggestions, I'm about to go for a drive so I'm going to play pandora instead of g music and see if theres a difference to help narrow it down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones