1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Any TF101 owners changed to Nexus7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by partridge, Oct 18, 2012.

1. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'm wondering if I should sell my Transformer and get one of Googles tablets.

Have any other TF101 users done this and have you missed anything about it? I have the keyboard and the main thing I think I'd miss are the USB and SD card sockets as well as the extended battery. I also find the keyboard useful as a stand!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jonatuna

jonatuna Member

May 20, 2010
    yup. I thought I'd miss the bigger screen on the Transformer, but I find the N7 much more portable and I go to my laptop for a bigger screen. So far I haven't missed the Transformer. I have a case coming in the mail which will serve as a stand.

Thinking about selling the Transformer...

3. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    KCMO
    Got the N7 on the first day. Still use my TF101 but not quite as much as I used to. I love the N7 feel and size but sometimes I still want that keyboard. So if I know I'll just be consuming with minimal input, I'll use the N7. If I know I'll be typing, the TF101. I don't see that changing at all.

4. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Thanks, perhaps I should put some money aside, buy an N7 and keep the Transformer too!

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    That's what I reckon I'll be doing. The Nexus looks awesome, but I'd miss the option of having a keyboard if I sold the TF. :)

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    The keyboard dock is the reason I got the TF101 in the first place. Unless the N has something similar, I don't consider it.

7. hamlin69

hamlin69 Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Canada
    I had a transformer+ keyboard. It was my first tablet so I played around with it a lot but decided to sell it after a few months of use due to me not really needing a tablet, other than to search on the internet or play games. It was hard bringing it anywhere because it was too big and looked kinda awkward. I just recently purchased a Nexus 7 and I prefer it over the transformer due to the size of the screen and that it is a Nexus device and will get updates frequently.

8. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    It depends on what you plan on using a tablet for- I was traveling overseas- the TF's long battery life and built-in stand was great for watching movies then emailing when I was at airports.

I really want a Nexus 7 but don't have a ton of use for it, I have a Galaxy Nexus and TF. I kinda want to mount a Nexus7 in the car but it's quite a bit of money and have other obligations...

9. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I already have an SGS3 and a TF101 with keyboard. I don't see what a Nexus 7 has that would make me want to replace my TF101. The SGS3 gives me a good mobile device. The TF101 is a great portable device for travelling to replace my PC. At home, I use my TF101 as a near PC replacement. The N7 doesn't give me enough more over and above my SGS3 that is worth carrying around a second device. At home, it isn't as big as my TF101 and has no keyboard.