1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Themes?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benalmighty, Dec 24, 2012.

1. benalmighty

benalmighty Android Enthusiast

Anyone have luck theming in UOT Kitchen?

Every-time I would submit it, there would be an error with the framework (from the deodexed rom). I may just be jumping the gun here. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oG Admire

oG Admire Well-Known Member

Im having the same problem. But im not sure if its me because this is my first time using UoT

3. blaze420916

blaze420916 Android Expert

I've used uot before and I'm having the same problems idk what's going on

4. oG Admire

oG Admire Well-Known Member

i dont think the framework apk is deoxed ..

5. benalmighty

There are no odex files in the system directory.

6. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

I used this for the first time today, followed the instructions, and got the error as well...

7. snake557

snake557 Well-Known Member

:thinking:how about gimp, ninjamorph or just decompile and run psp, png editing , and recompress ? then putting it back in the nandroid.

basically themeing
    What have we tired and what do you know .

8. benalmighty

Yeah, this isn't too hard... just time consuming. X.x Lol. And I had everything the way I liked on uot. Oh well, I'll look into it more tomorrow.

9. blaze420916

Mind posting once you're done

10. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Android Enthusiast

I'm not a themer but what if you used a systemui or whichever from stock ics to get the real ics feel? I could be off base though.... also do you think it could help if I re deodex the files (even debloat some) and you can try again?

11. benalmighty

If I did, it would be well into January. And the way I wanted it was to have a complete cyan theme. Like a mix between CM and ICS themes. But idk when I'd have the time.

UOT takes between 5-60minutes.
    Doing it manually would take hours.

As for the framework apk, maybe we could pull an old/stock one and try different methods of 'deodexing'. Trying a stock ICS could maybe work, but there are going to be differences, mainly dimensions.

12. blaze420916

I totally understand where you're coming from with Christmas 4 kids and a 12hr a day job I have no time for anything especially pimping my phone. I rely on the community :p

13. benalmighty

Yeah. That's why I'm going to look into why uot isn't working. That would allow each person to have their own theme in minutes instead of waiting just for one. Also, the other theming thread has some points, I'll check them out when I'm not on mobile.

Don't forget to take caution when using root and flashing!!
    I noticed we've been talking as if there is no risk involved (there are indeed risks) but as other users have mentioned, we need to be mindful of those less experienced.

I'll post if I find anything. Also...
    Merry Christmas!!

blaze420916 likes this.
  14. omgbossis21

benalmighty likes this.
  15. benalmighty

Thanks. Oh, by any chance, do you know if the "CRT screen off" framework was odex or not? I had that one install before I flashed the deodex ROM. I would like to try that framework file. (This odex thing is gonna confuse me Lol)

16. omgbossis21

Im pretty sure it was odex at that time he released that.

17. benalmighty

Oh alright.
    Well I was trying different things and I managed to get stuck on the LG logo screen. I guess that means softbrick.. oh well. Whats odd is that nothing even flashed, I would simply continue to get errors. I might have hit something by accident.

Edit: took about 2 hours but I unbricked it. X.x Idk what happened but I might have hit the fix permissions by accident. I guess that would make sense. I'll probably go back to try the frame work again later.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews