1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Time is Grillin Time

Discussion in 'Food and Beverage' started by olbriar, May 28, 2012.

1. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

[​IMG]

lunatic59, Unforgiven and ocnbrze like this.
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

@olbriar A grill suspended by chains. Does spinning it change the flavor of the char?
    I'm guessing it would.
    What meat sausages are mounded in that picture?

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

I have no idea how that might cook. If it were mine, I'd try to have it hotter on one side and cooler on the other so that I could spin in and out of the char zone. And as for the meat, it could be any sort of sausages, wieners, or brats. It is impossible to tell from the casings. It looks like kraut in the cast kettle in the middle. I'm guessing it's a dog shack at a state fair or something similar. It's definitely not in someone's back yard. :)

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Not grilling, but I kinda ran out of room for sauce in my pasta sauce. Ground beef, homemade Italian sausages, and store bought frozen meatballs.
    upload_2020-10-17_14-58-59.png

ocnbrze and olbriar like this.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

OMG! I have a similar pot without the ceramic glazing @Unforgiven. My deceased sweetie called it a Puerto Rican pot. She used to cook way too much sauce for the spaghetti we were eating. The next lower size pot held the pasta.

ocnbrze and Unforgiven like this.
  6. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

I have tomorrow off... well, for the most part. I'm going to smoke out a chuck roast. I'll smoke it at 250° until I see an internal temp of 160°. I'll put it in a covered tin and remove it to rest an hour before slicing when I see 200°. I plan to just oil it liberally with avocado oil and season with coarse salt and pepper. The leftover roast and the saved juice will be part of a veggie soup Tuesday.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

doesn't sound like a veggie soup if you add meat to it.....:goofydroid:

Unforgiven and olbriar like this.
  8. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

It's definitely my idea of veggie soup. :) Potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, diced tomatoes, and okra for vegetables.... diced chuck roast for stock. :) I'll add spices and tomato sauce as well. Once cooked, I'll serve mine up with some diced jalapenos. My wife will have hers without.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sounds good though. does the smokyness of the meat stay on the meat? or does it blend with the broth?

10. olbriar

olbriar  
    Moderator Thread Starter

It retains some of its flavor though it blends in with the spices etc. I make soup out of smoked flank steak quite often. It has been over priced of late but I scored a very nice looking chuck roast this time. Besides, it's been a while since I last did a chuck so it sounded extra good.

ocnbrze likes this.