• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Time is Grillin Time

I'm taking my cousin and her husband out for dinner for her birthday tonight. I might just grill out a steak tomorrow as well. I have a short work day tomorrow so I could smoke something.. hmmmm.. Steak and salad sounds good. I have two nice KC strips that might just be perfect.
sounds gooooodddd!!!! the salad we do all sorts of vegis and stuff and no lettuce, just purple cabbage. we make a huge bowl and eat every day, with every meal. good stuff!!!!!

Upvote 0
Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
I did this at the cabana yesterday.

Why You Should Spiral-Cut Your Hot Dog for Grilling - Videos - CHOW

Simple to do and a huge hit with the kids! I wanted to try one, but the darn kids ate them all before I was done grilling the Chicken Tika Masala and burgers.

That looks fun and good at the same time. I like my dogs nearly blackened on the grill. Adding that much cooked surface should make for an excellent dog. Definitely on my list of to dos.

(Update)

I grilled some of the spiral cut beef franks tonight. I just say.. it was fun to the mouth. The extra grill surface and the chunk like pieces in my grilled buns added a lot to a simple dog.

Upvote 0
My son and I are grilling out some bratwursts tomorrow. Just an afternoon of brews, swimming, and and a bit of bbq. Before being invited over to his house, I was considering smoking a chicken. I read somewhere about butterflying a chicken. The idea was to cut down through the breast plate and open the bird up. Laying the chicken out like a butterfly. Putting the meat up and inside on the grate and smoking. Sounded easy enough. Has anyone tried this?

Upvote 0
All I ever do is plain and simple, I just add bacon brown sugar ketchup mustard whorechester garlic. Pretty much the plain and simple the most everybody does nothin special sorry!!

That's pretty much my norm as well. I like to add fresh onions and bell pepper as well. I had some at a party a few weeks back that were extra good. I asked the guy what he did to them... he said it's all about the fruit juices and just smiled. So I'm clueless.

Upvote 0
That's pretty much my norm as well. I like to add fresh onions and bell pepper as well. I had some at a party a few weeks back that were extra good. I asked the guy what he did to them... he said it's all about the fruit juices and just smiled. So I'm clueless.
i forgot about the onions, the peppers never really tried. he must add like pineapple juice or something???????

Upvote 0
Well... tomorrow I'll be smoking a couple of racks of ribs prepped with olbriar rub.
I'm anxious to see how they turn out. I put equal part of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, white pepper, and salt together with less parts of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and onion salt. It tasted a bit like my buddies rub that I'm so fond of.. the recipe that he will not share. I bought a shallow rubber-maid thing to put my ribs to do the rub. I cut way down on the mess I normally make. Set me back a whopping five bucks at wallyworld. I have no idea why I hadn't thought of this before. If you don't hear back from me you will know that my rub concoction was lethal.

Upvote 0
Well... tomorrow I'll be smoking a couple of racks of ribs prepped with olbriar rub.
I'm anxious to see how they turn out. I put equal part of paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, white pepper, and salt together with less parts of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and onion salt. It tasted a bit like my buddies rub that I'm so fond of.. the recipe that he will not share. I bought a shallow rubber-maid thing to put my ribs to do the rub. I cut way down on the mess I normally make. Set me back a whopping five bucks at wallyworld. I have no idea why I hadn't thought of this before. If you don't hear back from me you will know that my rub concoction was lethal.
lol, hope all is gonna turn out ok. did you find a new baked beans recipe? or just gonna stick with old school?

Upvote 0
I put the ribs on at seven. Very low heat... mostly smoke for two hours. I turned the heat up to 225 at nine. That's when they really start cooking. I just turned them at eleven. They smell good.
The beans are going to be old school. I diced a macho nacho pepper into my normal beans to give it a kick. The nacho pepper is about twice as large as a jalape

Upvote 0
I put the ribs on at seven. Very low heat... mostly smoke for two hours. I turned the heat up to 225 at nine. That's when they really start cooking. I just turned them at eleven. They smell good.
The beans are going to be old school. I diced a macho nacho pepper into my normal beans to give it a kick. The nacho pepper is about twice as large as a jalape

Upvote 0
so how did the food, cookout go?

It turned out great.. thanks for asking. My ribs were so tender that they were falling apart making it near impossible to get them off of the smoker.
I think I've figured out how to smoke them on the Traeger. My rub was pretty good as well. Not good enough to write home about.. but well within the yummy range. I think it's less salty than what I've been using.. store bought and that of my buddy's. I liked less salt. I don't do much salt on anything. Pepper is entirely a different story. I think I will step up the pepper next time I need to mix some up.. or just add some to the rub I have left... which is a bunch.

My friend was impressed with the Traeger. I'm betting he gets one for himself. It's the ease of cooking that even a dummy can do a fair job of smoking on it that's appealing.

The very best part of the day was spending some quality time with a very dear friend. We hoisted a few, had a lot of laughs, broke bread together... choice!

Upvote 0
my mother sent us some omaha steak stuff. tomorrow night me and wife are gonna make pork chops on grill. anybody have any good quick and easy receipes?

I'm a purist when it comes to chops. I like to pepper them with coarse pepper and put them on the fire. I ate some once that were glazed.. sweet/hot glaze. They were good.. served with rice. I have no idea what the glaze was comprised of however. Here is a link to a recipe that sounds close to the glaze I had:

Honey and Spice-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones