1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Any tips for beginners? There is very little explanation for this game.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Phases, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    I did see a cool one that mentioned not transferring anything until you get some double-experience egg at level 9. Wish I'd see that before I transferred everything, here at level 7! :\

This game is fun, no doubt, but doesn't give much in the way of tips, how to's or even really what the point is. Heh.

Advertisement

2. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010
    GA
  3. Kaat72

Kaat72 Guest
    None
    Thanks legalkill. There are some guide apps in the Store as well. Would like to know which is best to start with, since my Pokémon experience is at level zero.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    Transfer things early and often. Dont bother evolving til you have a bunch of candy saved up and use a lucky egg before hand

5. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
  6. Phases

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    Yah I have found a lucky egg + an incense or lure when you have 10-20 evolves lined up to be some good stuff.

7. Benrix

Benrix Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2016
    Male
    Just did this today. Went from (mid) lvl 13 to lvl 15 - 3/4 (nearly lvl 16 now). I hatched five of the 5k eggs, but only four counted with the lucky egg cause the first one hatched before I could use the lucky egg. (Side note; if you are using more than 1 incubator, start one egg a few mins before the others. This gives you warning if you mis judge the hatch time. My first batch of 5 all hatched at the same time before I could use the lucky egg.). I then spent the next 25 mins 'evolving' various pokemon. During lvls 1-13 I have been transferring any extra pokemon (save only the highest 'CP' pokemon for my collection). I did hang on to a few of the extra pokemon over CP 175 (mostly pidgeys, caterpie, ratatta, venonat, etc.) to have some to evolve. Caterpie and some other pokemon can be evolved twice, although I'm not sure if you are better off just evolving just one time. Good luck and have fun.

Phases likes this.
  8. Phases

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    Did it last night with 15 lined up, 5 being new evolves. Got about 25k all said and done. Which got me 1 level heh.

9. tuboetelha

tuboetelha Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2016
    Male
    I just wanna know when will be possible to battle with wild pokémons, in my opinion just throw the pokeball is a bit boring.

10. Phases

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    or battle with friends

MLSS likes this.
  11. ReaperNM

ReaperNM Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Since the game is so new, and has such a huge following instantly(much more than they expected), there's entirely too many bugs and things not working as intended still, but they have in the works some updates that will involve battling your friends, and even trading Pokémon with others. Although that could be Months away at best probably.

As for boring, well when it comes to catching Pokémon, throwing a ball at them is all there is. But right now you can find gyms and battle against them if you are level 5 or higher.

Honestly it's best to just go out a couple hours each day(or whatever you can do) where a hot spot of Pokémon are(Big busy cities usually, and yes that makes no sense why wild animals would be there lol) and catch Everything, then use a lucky egg(x2 experience bonus for 30 mins) to evolve the cheapest candy costing ones(Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, and Weddle, which are all Abundant Everywhere) to get your level as high as possible as soon as possible, then once you're level 10 or more you can worry about evolving and powering up other Pokémon to fight with.

Because the higher your level the higher the CP(Combat Power) Pokémon you can find, meaning less used/wasted candy to power them to their fullest. You can't even find the highest level CP of Pokémon until you're Level 30, so the beginning of the game just to learn the feel for it, and catch whatever ya can, until your high enough to create high level battlers. Just make sure to "transfer" all your above mentioned Pokémon into candy(Keeping only the ones needed to evolve, you'll have to do the math, # of candy divided by cost of evolution cost) so your pokebag isn't full of low level junk Pokémon.

Make sure to hit Every pokestop to get as many free pokeballs as you can, so you don't have to buy them from the shop.

Save, and then use, your Lucky eggs for when your pokebag is full of Pokémon to evolve, because that's the best time to get that x2 experience bonus.

The green leaves mean Pokémon are there, but currently that mechanic along with the tracking system at the bottom right are broken! :( Meaning they don't track properly, and the leaves don't always mean Pokémon are there like they're supposed too!

The purple leaves are lures on pokestops that bring more Pokémon into the area for all trainers to see and go for. They each see their own, with their own CP values that go according to your trainer level, like all Pokemon in the game are.

A tip for when using an incense, Walk Around! When your sitting in one place you get 1 Pokémon about every 5 mins, but the more you walk the more you get, up too 1 per min actually, so it really makes a difference!!!

There are plenty of reddit threads with links to websites that have the best places to find certain pokemon, some even keep track of Nests, which are the best places in the game to find that certain Pokemon you want so bad!

Well there's a few tips/info I hope they helped :)!

MLSS likes this.
  12. ReaperNM

ReaperNM Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    Male
    Before you get to the end game(at least level like 20 to 25) you should only do the first evolutions because the second costs way too many candies, especially for such a low end reward. I talking about the Low CP final evolvution you'll get won't nearly compare to what you can make after lvl 20 or so! If :D, you can stand to wait until level 25 to 30 that's best! All those candies are going to be needed once you get to level 30 when the Pokémon you find are the highest they can be instead of the small fries you find now! Hope that tip helped!