• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any tips for recording a concert?

nightelvesreasy

Oct 24, 2009
Minnesota
I'll be heading to a concert coming up next month, and would like to shoot some video with my INC2, last concert I went to, I used my DX2, but the concert had so much base to it the audio recording was distorted beyond attempting to clean up, will I see same results with the INC2, or is there some kind of setting or a app that would make it possible to record a concert and still have good audio?

unfortunately you'll probably get the same results. I haven't come across a high quality recorder yet for an Android device.
I'm not sure whether that's due to limitations with the android system itself, or to the low quality of the microphones in these devices, or both.
I get excellent results recording on my third generation ipod nano with a Belkin Tunetalk stereo microphone designed for that purpose. unfortunately I haven't seen anything similar for android .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones