• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any tips to dry out a partially submerged Admire?

InFiD3ViL

Mar 5, 2012
Spring Hill, Florida
***SOLVED***

My son, well 5 of us, have the Admire.

But my son dropped his cell in the toilet today.

First mistake he made was to turn it on and not remove the battery.

I had a look at it and the only big issue I see so far is that the menu button keeps coming on, or the menu screen as if menu keeps being pressed.

After that I took out the battery and put it (phone) someplace warm and dry to heal.

I have heard about alcohol baths to displace the water but do not want to try this at all unless I know what I am doing.

His reset button and a small paper strip on his battery turned pink, so yes, the Admire does indeed have water submersion indicators for those trying to fool warranty claims.

Any ideas?

***SOLVED***

Covering the phone in instant rice did the trick to draw all remaining moisture from the phone. Thank you to all that helped!

Definitely give the rice a try. Not going to help much unless you disassemble the phone though. At least open the cover and take the battery out. Bury the whole damned thing in rice for a day or two, and it should absorb whatever moisture it comes into contact with (and possibly pull some of the moisture out of the case). But if he turned it on with water on the contacts, there may already be shorts (I would think so due to the menu button glitch).

Good luck man.

Upvote 0
Just want to thank everyone here.

I put my boy's Admire into a plastic bowl and covered it in Minute rice and let it sit until 6pm today.

Put the battery back in and fired her up.

It is working great now, menu button has no problems at all.

Only issue now is that if he ever has any other problems he is out of luck warranty wise since the moisture indicators have all been triggered.

Well to be honest, it was voided anyway since I rooted it for him.

But thanks to all, this worked great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones