• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Looking to replace my HTC One S with a Moto X 2014, but I can't seem to find a retailer who stocks it and who'll sell it with a contract.

Any reason why?

On the original launch, Phones 4 U announced that they were taking pre-orders, but they no longer exist.

Has anyone heard whether retailer / carrier who will be offering this phone with a contract?

I'm in the same boat, currently can't decide between the new X or Nexus 6.
I have found one place doing the new X on contract, that's Mobile Phones Direct (i know this is my first post but there really is no affiliation).
I nearly went for it but they're only doing the 16gb, I've emailed asking about 32gb but no response yet.
It does seem odd noone else is offering it, kind of seems like it's a bit of a flop over here so far :(

Reactions: tlewisuk
Upvote 0
Will do although I've not found anywhere else yet.

I'm also thinking about the nexus 6, although I'm still not completely sold on the size.

The only things stopping me from pulling the trigger on the X are battery life worries, and the fact that only the 16gb is available on contract. If I could find a 32gb on contract I reckon I would go for it, so frustrating.

Upvote 0
The moto x is no faster than the N5 butt he camera may be fractionally better,definately faster but the L update may sort this.I'm going back to my N5

What's battery life like on the N5, is it as bad as some of the reviews say? I'm not a particularly heavy user but would need it to last from at least 7am-11pm (possibly longer if my kids get hold of it!). I suppose I could top up the charge at work though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones