1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any UK Carriers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tlewisuk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. tlewisuk

tlewisuk Newbie

Looking to replace my HTC One S with a Moto X 2014, but I can't seem to find a retailer who stocks it and who'll sell it with a contract.

Any reason why?

On the original launch, Phones 4 U announced that they were taking pre-orders, but they no longer exist.

Has anyone heard whether retailer / carrier who will be offering this phone with a contract?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

I bought mine outright from Clove.Don't know who does contracts as I haven't had for years except sim only.

tlewisuk likes this.
  3. tlewisuk

tlewisuk Newbie

OK, maybe i'll buy it outright from Motorola, just didn't want the upfront expense so close to Xmas.

4. kohoutec

kohoutec Lurker

I'm in the same boat, currently can't decide between the new X or Nexus 6.
    I have found one place doing the new X on contract, that's Mobile Phones Direct (i know this is my first post but there really is no affiliation).
    I nearly went for it but they're only doing the 16gb, I've emailed asking about 32gb but no response yet.
    It does seem odd noone else is offering it, kind of seems like it's a bit of a flop over here so far :(

tlewisuk likes this.
  5. tlewisuk

tlewisuk Newbie

Thanks for the heads-up kohoutec.

6. paulw035

paulw035 Member

Agreed, thanks. Please keep us posted IF you or anyone else finds a UK Contract supplier. I'm with 3 at the moment and looking at this or the N6.

7. kohoutec

kohoutec Lurker

Will do although I've not found anywhere else yet.

I'm also thinking about the nexus 6, although I'm still not completely sold on the size.

The only things stopping me from pulling the trigger on the X are battery life worries, and the fact that only the 16gb is available on contract. If I could find a 32gb on contract I reckon I would go for it, so frustrating.

8. chukka63

The moto x is no faster than the N5 butt he camera may be fractionally better,definately faster but the L update may sort this.I'm going back to my N5

9. kohoutec

kohoutec Lurker

What's battery life like on the N5, is it as bad as some of the reviews say? I'm not a particularly heavy user but would need it to last from at least 7am-11pm (possibly longer if my kids get hold of it!). I suppose I could top up the charge at work though

10. tlewisuk

tlewisuk Newbie

Guys,

Mobiles.co.uk and affordablemobiles have the Moto X as coming soon! Also they still contract under Three! Which is the provider I want to switch to.

11. chukka63

I'm not a heavy user but my battery lasts from 1 charge til the next,nightly at bed time.

kohoutec likes this.

Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2300mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews