1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any Verizon phone with Verizon Daily Prepaid (Pay As You Go)?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by j814wong, Apr 23, 2012.

1. j814wong

j814wong Newbie

Hi. I'm considering getting a Verizon phone from Amazon without the contract (Perhaps the Droid X because its really cheap yet a great phone) then buying the Verizon Daily Prepaid Pay as you Go Plan instead of the Verizon Prepaid Monthly Plans. Is this possible? Will any Verizon phone work with the Verizon Daily Prepaid Pay As you Go plan?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Member

It will work but you will half to add data!

3. j814wong

j814wong Newbie

So data is mandatory? Even if I buy the Verizon phone not directly from Verizon? That sucks

4. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast

Pretty sure Verizon doesn't allow smartphones on their Pay As You Go plans. You have to go Prepaid Monthly and Verizon can check if you have a smartphone since they'll have to activate the ESN with their service.

Both T-Mobile and AT&T allow smartphones on Pay As You Go but the problem is whether you can get good coverage.

5. j814wong

j814wong Newbie

Well that's unfortunate.

I'm looking into H2O wireless which uses AT&T's networks. For $100 per year, I can get 2000 minutes plus international calling that consumes the same amount of minutes as domestic calls. Which means that outbound calls to 53 select countries cost the same as domestc calls! I can also use any GSM phone with them.

6. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Member

7. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Member

Yep