• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to backup contacts from phone to gmail or pc?

neversatisfied

Feb 8, 2010
When I got my HTC Hero a few days back, I instantly noticed I cannot bluetooth my contacts. So I spent over hours trying to figure out a way to do it and eventually forced me to create all my contacts in my PC (which I just import/exported to my gmail account), but that took me about an hour or 2. So I was wondering if there was some way I can backup my contacts FROM the phone, directly onto gmail, or a contacts file. Because I know I will get contacts, and this information will be helpful in the near future.

Also, please check out my other thread. My HTC is having major Awake issues.

Rooting itself doesn't remove anything, it just enables access to parts of the phone you didn't before. This in turn allows you to install custom ROM's, and it is the installation of custom ROM's that wipes your data (or should, otherwise you run into problems).

But like I say I've never had problems syncing my contacts to the Google cloud, and I am not too bothered about keeping texts so they just get deleted. Any paid for apps appear in the market when you reconnect your account and you can download any free ones again

Upvote 0
Do your homework before rooting. Rooting will void your warranty (but it is possible to unroot).

Menu > Settings > Data Sync > Google. Check the box that says contacts. Also check the top TWO boxes.

*THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOUR CONTACTS ARE GOOGLE CONTACTS AND NOT PHONE CONTACTS*

Upvote 0
Im trying to find a site that has all features a rooted phone has and all the information technical wise but everytime i search google for it, it just says whats best about it. Idk wtf a rom is or how its used or anything bout it lol. I only assume a rom is like a home replacement type of thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones