• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to buy a better battery?

Is there any battery with 2000mah or more that I can fit in my Optimus M? (stock is 1500)

My parents just bought two Optimus M phones, and while I find my battery is good enough on my M, my parents think they aren't getting enough power out of their batteries.

So is there some upgrade that has 2000mah or more? I looked around for a bit and haven't found one yet.

Did some searching too and only found two mAh flavors, 1500 and 1320.
I'm with ya', there should be a larger battery option.
Someone could make a killing if they made a solar trickle charger.
I could see it being a back cover replacement or build them into the cases for smart phones.
I thought I had found it too,
Amzer 3500 mAh Battery Backup Solar Charger For LG, LG Optimus M MS690 - Chargers - Fommy.com
I did a double take while looking at the product pics but was deflated to see that it was just a solar charger in the shape of an LG Optimus phone.

Upvote 0
I found some batteries on eBay from china that are 1500 mah. You can buy 3 batteries and a charger for ~16 dollars. I wonder what the quality is like...
My wife got a good/cheap/almost useless deal like that without consulting me first :rolleyes:.
The batteries were 1320 mAh instead of the 1500 advertised. The home chargers were delivering too much juice to the phones which made them useless while charging, and that rendered them useless in general because I wasn't going to trust that no damage was being done to the phones while they were being charged.
That issue rendered the car chargers useless/dangerous in my mind too.

All said, we paid about $16 and ended up with 4 USB cords because the rest of the stuff couldn't be trusted. This was from a Top Seller on Ebay too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones