1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any way to control Facebook wakelocks?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by funkylogik, Jul 12, 2013.

1. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

What i would like is for the FB app to only do things like poll for notifications while my screen is on.
    I do like getting fb notifications but only while im (obviously bored and) using the phone.
    Fb is isnt important enough for it to be using my CPU and modem while it should be asleep. The people who matter to me can ring or text me if they need me.
    Is there any way around this?
    Thanx peeps :beer:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I greenify it. It only runs when I open it.

You won't get any notifications this way, but I personally like that :thumbup:

dustwun77, funkylogik and Petrah like this.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Jeeze, where have I been. I had no idea that app existed.. thank you! I don't need it for FB, but it will be useful for other apps. :)

dustwun77, funkylogik and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. funkylogik

can i not set it to notify when the display is on bro? If not, couldnt i just disable notifications from fb in app manager to do the same thing or will it still wake up and poll?
    Think ill check it out anyway man :)

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

If you only disable notifications it'll still wake up and refresh its contents. It just won't notify you.

You can adjust notifications within most apps themselves. That's the better route to go usually

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

Cheers mate.
    Im surprised there arent any 3rd party fb apps that dont rely on the official one being installed :(
    Ps, if i disable notifications within fb, will it still wake the phone?
    Think il Greenify it :)

7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Likely facebook wouldn't give them access to their APIs. Twitter does something similar. twitter apps that aren't the official Twitter app can't have more than like 150,000 users.

Facebook is trying to monetize its mobile users, they aren't going to accomplish that by letting other apps take its revenue stream

funkylogik likes this.
  8. funkylogik

Damn you facebook! so are google doing the same with g+ ? I really like the g+ app but i havent heard of any 3rd party ones..

9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Im not aware of any, but I'd be cautious using a 3rd party g+ app.

Whatever app that is would potentially have access to your whole Google account. The risk of malware for something like that would be huge

funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

Very good point man lol :) im glad i have other people to do the thinking for me :beer:

11. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

If you turn notifications and refresh off Facebook won't run unless you open it.

funkylogik likes this.
  12. funkylogik

Thanks man :beer:

MLSS likes this.
  13. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I use Green Power Premium , and you can blacklist it there. Set it to be not allowed to connect to internet when the screen is off.

funkylogik likes this.
  14. funkylogik

Cheers bro ill check that one out too when theres money in the bank on monday lol. Until then we have