• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to convert iPhone games to Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaramarrero

Sep 14, 2010
Florida
So we all know iPhone has better games than Android.

And I'm love the "Fruit Ninja" game which is like the only one I enjoy playing on my Evo because it has good graphics and above all it's fun. I was wondering if there is anyway to get iPhone games on Android phones? Or if we can request someone to make some of the iPhone games for Android.

Thanks in Advance.

So we all know iPhone has better games than Android.

And I'm love the "Fruit Ninja" game which is like the only one I enjoy playing on my Evo because it has good graphics and above all it's fun. I was wondering if there is anyway to get iPhone games on Android phones? Or if we can request someone to make some of the iPhone games for Android.

Thanks in Advance.

No, it isn't possible to get them to work on Android phones, nor can we ask someone to port them to Android, as that is copyright infringement. However, we can contact the original game developer and show our interest in their work by suggesting that they port it. :)

Upvote 0
Imagine that'd be possible... We'd have all the apps we wanted :D

Agreed, I love Pocket God! All the Feint games. Man I go crazy playing these games on my iTouch. AHHH. haha. I wish it was possible damnn.

Feel free to mail me anything obvious you think is missing :) I'm looking for something else to make!

toasting@gmail.com
Dinosaur Planet

I can't promise I'll act on any of it, I've got a huge potential list. Short projects, like puzzle games interest me most at the moment, before hitting another big project.

What kinds of games exactly do you develop? Honestly, I'm just looking for something with good graphics. All the Android Games suck :mad:

Upvote 0
I think Apple has a lot of game publishers in their pocket. I don't believe Chillingo has ever even mentioned the word "Android" on their twitter. They've published so many games for iOS that it would be ******ed not to port them over to Android... unless they were gettin some change thrown at them by Apple.

Either that, or they just don't want to bother making sure their games are bug-free on the latest 15 Android phones as opposed to maybe the latest 2-3 that use iOS.

Upvote 0
I think Apple has a lot of game publishers in their pocket. I don't believe Chillingo has ever even mentioned the word "Android" on their twitter. They've published so many games for iOS that it would be ******ed not to port them over to Android... unless they were gettin some change thrown at them by Apple.

Either that, or they just don't want to bother making sure their games are bug-free on the latest 15 Android phones as opposed to maybe the latest 2-3 that use iOS.

But even if this was the case, don't we have any good game developers? I mean I love Android. I'm all for it. But I love the quality of the games for iPhones and most of all how they have new games everyday. I just don't understand how Android doesn't step up to that and great great games for they're Android phones. I mean honestly, there are probably over 30 games I have bought for my iTouch. I just don't see why they don't want to extend that side of the app store for Android.

Another problem for developers is the difference between objective c and java. If you spend the time to create an iPhone game, it's all in objective c, and I don't think converting the source code to java is trivial.

True. But I mean I'm sure if you create an Apple game there are ways to make it for Android. I mean look at Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. They we're all for iPhone before Android. Those are the only two games I really only play on my phone. I love the quality and just the game in general.

Upvote 0
Hi
Personally, I would choose an Android phone any day because on the iPhone:

-cant take out the battery
-no removable memory
-only Apple-approved apps
-STILL no true multi-tasking like Android
-cant customize your phone AT ALL
-no Flash support
-cant install apps from your computer
-no widgets
-no free GPS navigation
-no free wireless music downloads
-no ringback tones
-no refunds for paid apps
-all file syncing MUST be done through iTunes (pictures, etc.)
-Android phones have more memory storage
-most Android phones have better cameras
-no standard USB cable like all other phones
-the new iPhone has horrible antenna issues
-instant Android OTA software updates- don

Upvote 0
Hi
Personally, I would choose an Android phone any day because on the iPhone:

-cant take out the battery
-no removable memory
-only Apple-approved apps
-STILL no true multi-tasking like Android
-cant customize your phone AT ALL
-no Flash support
-cant install apps from your computer
-no widgets
-no free GPS navigation
-no free wireless music downloads
-no ringback tones
-no refunds for paid apps
-all file syncing MUST be done through iTunes (pictures, etc.)
-Android phones have more memory storage
-most Android phones have better cameras
-no standard USB cable like all other phones
-the new iPhone has horrible antenna issues
-instant Android OTA software updates- don

Upvote 0
I wish for that,too-to play some apple's apps,and games on my Motorola milestone.

There's something I want to say about games/apps on android or apple:

1.-there are great games for android,too. I know these games,that are real cool for Android:

-ExZeus -N.O.V.A. -Asphalt 5 ....

2.-Some games made for Apple,were made for Android later,too. For example,I heard some "Angry birds" game (I found that one free on Market,it's real cool and addictive + rich graphics). It was made for iphone/iPod touch and now they made it for Android.

3.Some games I would love to play on my Android,but are only made for apple (yet) :

-Spore Origins(for iPhone) -Deer Hunter 3D (for iphone)

Awsome graphics,awsome gameplay,and everything!

4.-But I don't know why don't they make something like this for Android!!
I mean-most of top Android phones have good processors,multitouch,motion sensors and everything iPhone has.

Why don't they make something like that for Android!!??

5.-I also heard,that you can "write" your own games for Android,but that's real difficult.

6.-more and more people are starting to use androids,what could MAYBE make the game companies to make more awsome games for androids.

Upvote 0
Oh,that's impossible due to Apple's restricted policy. As we know, many apps can't run on Apple iPhone, in turn, many amazing apps and games can't run on other OS, including Android.

Why not? Top android phones have multitouch,motion sensors,and good enough processors ,just like iPhone.

If there would only be a way to convert ipa. files to apk. or some ipa. emulators or something...

Upvote 0
The one difficulty in making games for Androids is all the hardware out there. Some hardware running Android is just crap. Your game may run amazingly well on higher end phones (DX, Epic, DInc, Evo, etc....) but run like crap (bad mental image) on some of the low end phones that are still running Cupcake or Donut. People download the game, try to run it on Cupcake and then bitch that it runs like a POS which is true. So you have to block people running low end hardware from running your game which causes even more people to get ticked off.

Upvote 0
This is my only gripe, the games :( Just got leave devil alone 'a plants vs zombies clone' which has rich graphics but on the whole.... Hopefully devs will soon see the potential market with android.

Does anyone download games from outside the marketplace? I am tempted.

I do. I just search internet for best android games,and then download the apk. files and install them with apps installer.

I found most apk. files here at 4shared,all free,no virus,easy to download,and easy to find what you're looking for.

just go to http://www.4shared.com/ ,try it out.;)

Upvote 0
This is a little off topic (and I don't have an android device yet which is why i'm asking now) but does anyone know if SuperGNES is the best SNES emulator for Android?

I'm currently using "Gameboid"- an emulator for Gameboy Advance games,and it's real good,proabably the best.

If you want to play older nintendo games,check out this vid.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RncY-Ce8MY

You'll se more emulators from the same developer.
I guess those are good,maybe the best.

Upvote 0
An awsome game came out for android:
"Angry birds"

-funny
-addictive
-rich graphics,sound
-FREE on Android market

Actually it first came out for iPhone,but it isn't free for Apple's devices.
Now it came out for Android,too,but FREE!
There's actually no diffirence between the "Angry birds" for Apple or android,and it works good on both platforms.

PS.: Install it,try it out,you won't regret it.

Upvote 0
I do. I just search internet for best android games,and then download the apk. files and install them with apps installer.

I found most apk. files here at 4shared,all free,no virus,easy to download,and easy to find what you're looking for.

just go to 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage ,try it out.;)

Which is piracy. For shame, for shame.

Upvote 0
Feel free to mail me anything obvious you think is missing :) I'm looking for something else to make!

toasting@gmail.com
Dinosaur Planet

I can't promise I'll act on any of it, I've got a huge potential list. Short projects, like puzzle games interest me most at the moment, before hitting another big project.

There is a huge shortage of good games like bowling, skee-ball, horseshoes, darts, etc. The ones that are on there suck.

Here are links to some of the apps I'm talking about-

Action Bowling Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcade-bowling-lite/id303584834?mt=8

Horseshoes PRO? Lite for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones