• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to convince Verizon to let me Upgrade my droid to Droid X early?

larz

Jun 25, 2010
Arizona
I have the original droid with 2.1 (still haven't got update) the phone has some problems like, restarting, cant update certain apps, unresponsive. i just got the phone in may 2010 an im starting to think its getting out dated. I once had it rooted to 2.2 but went back to stock for OTA 2.2 . But my question is, that do u think i can call verizon and tell them my problems, say its my 3rd droid and im getting tired of it. Since there not making the oringinal droid anymore do u think they'll let me upgrade to Droid X with little or no fee? i got the idea from another post, reading that someone had success with this trick?

I believe you need 4 or 5 replacements of a phone before being able to swap it out with another model. Your story does sound weak as optimus said. If it is having those problems take it in (make sure it is not rooted) and see what they say. They may replace it under the Manufacturer Warranty but you'll most likely get a D1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones