• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to enable HID Bluetooth without rooting?

Red_Avatar

Sep 13, 2010
Belgium
I've found on many sites that HTC has broken HID Bluetooth support for all their Android devices with UI Sense.

The problem is, one of my main reasons to even get Android, was to emulate games. Considering the touch screen is useless for on-screen gamepads compared to a real one, I wanted to use a wiimote since I already had one. I also had plans of getting a bluetooth keyboard to play text adventures on. (me = retro gamer)

But then I discovered that HTC screwed up big time here. While every other Android phone has no problem, the entire HTC line refuses to connect to HID devices so NO gamepad, NO wiimote, NO keyboard.

So then the question remains: surely there's a fix? Maybe an app that circumvents the internal code and uses its own? Or that applies a fix of its own? Because without any external input devices, the HTC Desire is heavily limited ...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones