1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Any way to expand internal storage space for cache and apps on Samsung Galaxy Note 1

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a samsung galaxy note one with 2 GB "Device Memory", 11GB of "USB Storage" and a 32GB SD card,

The issue I am having is that there is literally no space to install applications or even sync sometimes. I've went through some of the google apps and uninstalled the updates for apps that came with my phone but I dont use which cleared up a good bit of space but its only about 500 mb which quickly gets engulfed by updates from other apps, cached emails, cached pics, cached data from google apps and chrome.

Basically what I am getting at is, is there any way to use the USB Storage as the Device Memory, so that I can install apps and store cached data there?

My phone is currently not rooted however I'd be more than happy to root it if it means getting a decent amount of space for apps.

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note (original) GT-N7000

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    It's technically 'possible' to root the phone and repartition. However it is not for beginner rooters or for the faint of heart. And remember, you're not increasing storage, just moving some around. In most cases like yours a far better and easier solution is phone with more onboard storage.

mikedt, scary alien and Hadron like this.