• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to force landscape orientation?

unkillable

Jun 3, 2010
I'm new to android and i was wondering if there's anyway to force landscape mode at all times.

Another way of saying it, i never want to see portrait orientation on my device. Is there any settings or apps that will force landscape mode at all times (unless an app requires portrait)?

No you cannot.

Android used to allow the desktop to rotate with orientation, but google disable it in the 2.01 upgrade (no it is not a bug, it was done intentionally). the default android desk top view is portrait, and unless you replace the desktop, you cannot force it to rotate, let alone make it landscape only.

That said, there are a TON of home replacements (at least 12 or 13 at last count), many which offer this functionality. I have not heard of any of them fixing the view to landscape only (portrait only yes), but that doesn't mean that one of them might not do it. Consider finding a home replacement and just holding the phone in landscape mode. Most apps, though not all, will reorient to landscape mode. you will still need to use portrait for a few things, such as the phone.

Reactions: unkillable
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones