• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any Way To Get An SMS Backup As A Text File?

There are several apps that backup your texts into a special folder on your Gmail account. VERY handy. Sounds difficult to setup, but it is snap and works very well.
+1 I use SMS Backup and it stores everything in my Gmail. You can safely delete the texts on your phone and they stay safe and sound in Gmail.

Reactions: ScorpDX
Upvote 0
+1 I use SMS Backup and it stores everything in my Gmail. You can safely delete the texts on your phone and they stay safe and sound in Gmail.
There is three of those in the market. Tried the one saying it saved on Gmail and it only allows a max of 200 to be backed up, it won't go back and save all my stuff. Am I doing something wrong?

*Edit, I see now that I have to keep clicking it every time it reaches 200. This looks like it will do exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Upvote 0
There is three of those in the market. Tried the one saying it saved on Gmail and it only allows a max of 200 to be backed up, it won't go back and save all my stuff. Am I doing something wrong?

*Edit, I see now that I have to keep clicking it every time it reaches 200. This looks like it will do exactly what I wanted. Thanks!

Cool! It will only back up 200 at a time but it will back them all up. So, when you look at them in Gmail, you'll only have 200 of the conversation but it will continue to back them up, you'll just have a new thread. :)

Upvote 0

Can you please names those Apps that you are using for sms backup on gmail?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones