1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Any way to get BB or Verizon to match Phandroid price?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darthus, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Darthus

Darthus Member

Nov 6, 2009
    So, I saw on the front page that Phandroid negotiated a price of 149.99 for the phone. I went to the link and sure enough, it's 149.99, instant rebate. Is there any way I can get either the Verizon Wireless Store or Best Buy to match that price? I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy but I can cancel it if need be.

I'd really like to have the phone tomorrow on launch day, but paying 199.99 instead of 149.99 is pretty silly. =(

Advertisement

2. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    I doubt it, but you can print it out and try. What's the worse they say, no? Are you a reward zone member? Can you print out coupons? Go to the following site to check.
    https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/mindex.jspx
    I printed $40.00 in coupons myself and have my $50.00 gift card from the pre-order which you can't get back as cash and another $50.00 gift card from the Sprint Hero I tried out. Even if you back out of the pre-order now BB still has your $50 and you have a gift card. Just get the phone tomorrow and enjoy it. You already committed the $50 you are trying to save.

3. Darthus

Darthus Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Hmm, I specifically asked and the person said I could return the gift card if I changed my mind. Even if she's wrong I could potentially fight it since she said it and get my cash back.

I will definitely ask. What coupons are you talking about? I am a rewards zone member, but I don't think I have enough "points" for 20 dollar off certificates. Are you talking about 2 of those or did you have something else?

4. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    They have different point values for different amounts. I had something like 2766 points so I cashed in on 2000 = $40.00.
    Login to check and see, even if it's only $10.00 that's better than nothing.