• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to increase text/icon size?

sbhsquared

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
I'm brand new to smartphones - I started out with an LG Spectrum about a week ago and loved it... picked it specifically for the incredible screen resolution and the size of the icons & text. However, I found out that LG phones don't play nice with after-market car BT receivers. So I've sent back the LG and ordered a Maxx since that seems to be good to go on the compatibility issue. Now I'm concerned about the size of the text and icons (widgets?) on the Maxx screen. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Asked the Verizon sales people today, and they couldn't figure out any way to make anything larger on the home screen - and I know I'm already starting out with less resolution than the LG had. There was some ridiculous 'accessibility' thing on the Maxx that just opened a magnified square in the middle of the screen, but it seemed totally unusable. Are there any apps that I can use that will resize everything so that I can actually see it? I apologize if this question is either too basic or already done to death - but I couldn't find anything on the same topic through a search here. Thanks in advance!

You can root it, and get root toolbox from jrummy in the app store. Among a million other handy features, you can change screen density values (resolution) and install custom fonts. I finally broke down and got glasses, but I remember having days where I couldn't read anything. Many apps also have font size settings in them, which helps, but it would be nice to be able to apply this universally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones