• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to retrieve data/pics from phone that has no screen but seems to turn on?

Screen died and now have new model of same phone. Need to retrieve info from S4 such as texts and photos but especially texts for legal case. Is there anyway to pull this off and if so whats best way?

I can put old battery back in and I can get it to seemingly come on but not certain. Wifi used to be auto connect in home. Would I need to take old SIM card out of new phone and put back in damaged phone?

I need to return phone asap but hate to do so and lose everything that I thought was being saved when I did back up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Screen died and now have new model of same phone. Need to retrieve info from S4 such as texts and photos but especially texts for legal case. Is there anyway to pull this off and if so whats best way?

I can put old battery back in and I can get it to seemingly come on but not certain. Wifi used to be auto connect in home. Would I need to take old SIM card out of new phone and put back in damaged phone?

I need to return phone asap but hate to do so and lose everything that I thought was being saved when I did back up.

Why not try attaching phone to PC using usb cable, you should be able to retrieve files and pictures.

Upvote 0

Not sure if you have Verizon, but if you take it to the store, they can transfer it to another phone. My store does that all the time. Not sure where the txts are kept, but you may be able to retrieve by hooking it up to a PC as others have suggested. You just have to find the folder with the txt messages.

hsb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones