1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Any way to root LG Ally easily with windows?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by computerman098, Jul 14, 2010.

1. computerman098

Jul 14, 2010
    Is there any way to easily root the ally on windows 7 or, if possible, without a computer.

Advertisement

2. gradiusnine

gradiusnine Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Hey computerman098,

Have you tried the Windows instructions posted in the forum? They work for Windows 7 - I just rerooted my wife's LG Ally after she received the V8 over-the-air update from Verizon (and subsequently lost her root privileges).

Pretty sure you're going to need to connect to a computer, so hopefully that's not an issue. Good luck!

3. computerman098

Jul 14, 2010
    yeah i tried the instructions, but i always end up with "success" and "$" so it doesnt work

4. cdsmith

cdsmith Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Computerman, that's not a problem with using Windows. The process is working just fine for you. Everyone runs into this, and the answer is to just keep trying that command until you get the '#' prompt. Some people like to fiddle with things, like the SD card, or exiting and restarting the adb shell. I think it really just comes down to trying over and over until it works; if fiddling helps you stay motivated to try more times, fine.

5. SuperMerg

SuperMerg Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Seriously Computerman, I've rooted an Ally 4 times now.

If it brings you back to the $, take out SD and try again.
    Still $? Put SD in and try again.
    Still? Take SD out.
    Still? Put SD in.
    Not working after 5-10 tries? Exit and restart adb shell.
    SD in. SD out. SD in. SD out.

I would guess it has something to do with the phone's system trying to deal with the constantly changing file structure.

Sort of like when your kid asks: "Well... Can I not, not, not, not, not get a new toy?" and you're like... "Uhhh.....".

6. computerman098

Jul 14, 2010
    I was able to get it rooted, just a series of removing sdcard.

Tags: