1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Any way to show the title of videos in the gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by durangojim, Apr 29, 2010.

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    One of the things that drives me nuts about the Droid, is that I can't see the titles of videos in the gallery. This makes it hard to find my kids' movies on there when they want to watch something. Is there a way to have the videos listed as a text list in addition to the thumbnail views on the Incredible? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    the video player is pretty poor. Try Act 1 video player in the market. Its free and it shows the titles of your movies.

slumpey likes this.
  3. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    thanks, is Act 1 the best video player for android. Trying to find one that is free if possible

4. N2Stooges

N2Stooges Member

Apr 8, 2010
    That blows! Even my last lame-o LG Voyager put a title on each video thumbnail based on the video filename.

Come on HTC! Update the Picture viewer app.

One other thing. It sure would be nice if you could play a video file but without the video (ie. just play the audio track of a video). There are many times where I like to listen to a movie while taking a walk with my phone in my pocket. Seems like a waste of battery to keep the display burning during these times. Would be awesome if the video player acted like the music app player wherein I could hit the power switch to turn off the display but still have the audio playing. And...how about turning off the 4 bottom button backlights when playing a video. Another waste of power. Should only illuminate if I press on the button or the display. Gheez! Other problems with the built-in video player...does not multi-task when playing videos. Hitting the HOME button stops video / audio playback and when you go back to the video player your video starts back at the beginning. Total garbage.