• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to turn off the unlock vibration?

[TheAndroid];2103605 said:
Go to 'settings' then 'Sound and Display' and then make sure 'haptic feedback' is un-checked, and this will also stop other vibrating like touching the home key or playing a game where your phone is supposed to vibrate, it won't vibrate

That turns it off for all places EXCEPT the unlock screen. I just checked and it is already turned off. The unlock screen still vibrates.

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it turns out there is a way to disable the haptic feedback on screen unlock.

First, go to Menu -> Sounds -> Haptic feedback. Enable it.

You'll now be able to access the next menu item, Vibration intensity.

Slide that all the way to the left to 0. Now disable Haptic feedback again.

No vibration on screen unlock!

Haha awesome, Ill be sure to remember that as well. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the No Lock app. It takes away the unlock swipe totally. This is fine by me! Instead of dealing with the swipe, what I do now is press the power button quickly to "darken" the screen so I don't accidentally launch any apps (if I want it to darken before my set timeout time). To bring the screen back up, just quickly hit the power button again. No unlock swipe needed, the home screen appears just as I want it to.

Now, if only there was a way or an app to answer calls without that friggin' slide thing. I've hung up on many people by hanging up when I meant to put them on speakerphone. My eyes saw the swipe options during a call, but my brain didn't connect and thus they were disconnected!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones