• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to use GPS from Droid X with MS Streets & Trips?

Taem

Sep 9, 2011
The title says it all! I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get the Droid X internal GPS working with Microsoft Streets & Trips! I found a program called BLUETOOTH GPS which says it allows me to sync my droids GPS with my computer, but I need a bluetooth receiver, which I don't have! I'm sure there's got to be an easier way to do it using the USB connector?!?

A USB bluetooth receiver would be very easy IMO.

Thanks for the replies so far guys! Sounds like the way to go then. How would I do that? I was in an electronics store yesterday and saw a few USB bluetooth receivers, but I have no idea how they work, can anyone explain? And also, does anybody know why would the GPS data be able to transmit via bluetooth, but not directly through USB? Just curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones