1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any women with gear s3

Discussion in 'Samsung Gear S3' started by bugsi, Jul 21, 2017.

1. bugsi

bugsi Lurker

Been looking at this watch but wondering if any ladies have it. My concern is the size it on wrist.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Phandroid Staff

I'm not a woman but I've tested the Gear S3 and found it a little chunky. I'd think it'd even more so be the case for women. This dude is pretty big and it seems chunky on him too:

It's hard to suggest an alternative without knowing what features you want in a smartwatch. What are you looking for? What features do you need?

3. bugsi

bugsi Lurker

@Rob

Thanks I agree does look chunky. I guess I'm just looking for something to manage my phone from and for general fitness too aswell as using it for a watch. I've been looking at gear s2 now but think maybe I need go look in a shop and see actual size myself.

4. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Phandroid Staff

I've always really liked the look of Huawei women's watches:
    http://consumer.huawei.com/us/wearables/huawei-watch/for-ladies.htm

Clearly those aren't designed for fitness, though. Have you taken a look at the Moto 360 Sport? It's much simpler but pretty great as well:
    https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-360-sport

I'm still generally uninspired by the smartwatches out there today. Not necessarily because they're too chunky - I think I'm quick to complain about that fact but don't consider how thick old school watches are in comparison (they're thick) - but the thickness doesn't match the battery life.

I think you should definitely walk into a store and bring a current watch that you like with you! Maybe you'll put the Gear S3 on and think it's chunky, but compare it to your current favorite watch, realizing that it's about the same thickness and something you're willing to deal with.

Let us know what you decide!