• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any word on next big phone from Sprint after Epic?

Yes it will be another handset from HTC, possibly an Evo replacement due in early December. Pictures of it have been floating around as a "Verizon" handset and it may be that they will get a version but it looks to much like an Evo not to be an Evo if you know what I mean. Its rumored to have a 4.5 inch Amoled screen and the 3.0 software package. The handset Verizon will get is the HTC Lexicon an "incredible" like slider similar to the Epic not the one below. I think the one below will be at your local Sprint store around Christmas time.

Leaked: Unnamed 8 MP HTC-Verizon handset image | GadgetLite - Latest gadgets and technology news

Upvote 0
Yes it will be another handset from HTC, possibly an Evo replacement due in early December. Pictures of it have been floating around as a "Verizon" handset and it may be that they will get a version but it looks to much like an Evo not to be an Evo if you know what I mean. Its rumored to have a 4.5 inch Amoled screen and the 3.0 software package. The handset Verizon will get is the HTC Lexicon an "incredible" like slider similar to the Epic not the one below. I think the one below will be at your local Sprint store around Christmas time.

evo replacement isnt coming till 2011. WHy would they bother keeping up demand and stock if thier just gonna get rid of it in december? its not hapening the hTC sabor was a false .

Sprint has 2-4 android phones coming by years end and the windows phone 7 still rumored to be coming in 2010 despite what Microsoft says. (and I say this becasue their are 2 branded with sprint names prototypes out their at least the 2 i have played with) and the only way they will delay this is if its some kind of agreement with Microsoft (or if t-mobile and AT&T have exclusive rights till 2011 ) but either way a sprint windows phone 7 exists and rumored black berry 4g phone coming. Sprint has a bright future just wish they would spread out the releases.

so rumored phones back on topic
samsung transform coming
htc speedy comping
blackberry 4g coming
pre 2 coming
htc legend/desire coming (this is a strange one becasue I was told by someone pretty high up in sprint that they may re-brand the htc desire as the hero 2 I don't believe it and I believe its gonna be the legend but I thought Id add it just in case anyone else has any info)
then you got your 4gless galaxy tab
maybe the web o.s and blackberry tabs and maybe the htc one in 2011

but sprint and getting info on new phone releases is like trying to find bin laden to be honest. I work close to phone procurement and we arent even told much anymore

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones