• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Z Fold 4 tips?????

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys so i just upgraded to the z fold 4. i had the z fold 3 previously. is there any tips i should know? i mean aside from those of the z fold 3 are there anything that i should be doing right off the bat? i know things like Labs to help with rotating screens and such.

gonna be playing around with it as soon as it is fully charged.

One thing that I have not gotten into yet like some have is what might be called the task bar or task switcher that installs on the 4 vs. the 3. Surely it works, but so far, I have not really seen an advantage. I know where to find most of the alps easily and can continue to use the phone like I used previous Android devices. I may just select the option to not have it display, cleaning up the desktop. Maybe I just don't see something that everyone else does.

Danny

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    One thing that I have not gotten into yet like some have is what might be called the task bar or task switcher that installs on the 4 vs. the 3. Surely it works, but so far, I have not really seen an advantage. I know where to find most of the alps easily and can continue to use the phone like I used previous Android devices. I may just select the option to not have it display, cleaning up the desktop. Maybe I just don't see something that everyone else does.

Danny
    i use the nova launcher which gets rid of this feature. i just like nova to much....never liked one ui.

Reactions: AugieTN and ironass
    Upvote 0
    Is anyone here really excited about the Z Fold 5?

I'll confess that I believe my "early adopter" fix is satisfied when it comes to foldable phones. Yes, I love the "cool" factor and giving iPhone owners a harsh case of phone envy; and the awesome screen real estate on that main display.

But oh, the tradeoffs! An external S Pen with very limited functionality (unless you buy the expensive, even larger version); a skinny front panel; it's too thick to fit in most accessories like light rings and car mounts; and they plummet in value as soon as the box is opened.

The Darling Bride has a Galaxy S23 Ultra and I'm very tempted to sell my Z Fold 4 and all its accessories, and get one of those. It's a really nice device and the screen is plenty big. Plus an onboard S Pen!

What about you? Are you still madly in love with the Z Fold?

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Is anyone here really excited about the Z Fold 5?

I'll confess that I believe my "early adopter" fix is satisfied when it comes to foldable phones. Yes, I love the "cool" factor and giving iPhone owners a harsh case of phone envy; and the awesome screen real estate on that main display.

But oh, the tradeoffs! An external S Pen with very limited functionality (unless you buy the expensive, even larger version); a skinny front panel; it's too thick to fit in most accessories like light rings and car mounts; and they plummet in value as soon as the box is opened.

The Darling Bride has a Galaxy S23 Ultra and I'm very tempted to sell my Z Fold 4 and all its accessories, and get one of those. It's a really nice device and the screen is plenty big. Plus an onboard S Pen!

What about you? Are you still madly in love with the Z Fold?
    I am always excited by these things, BUT, unlike some that might be here, I am just a phone user, not a kind of phone hobbyist who chases the latest trends and devices. It is ok to be that guy, I have to add. I just can't afford to be buying these all of the time to be super in the know about them. My experiences only center around the latest phone that I have bought and getting it working how it should work. I just use my phone as a mini computer to take care of my daily affairs, and if it is working, it is "problem solved" and I am back to other things. I sure do like reading what you guys write that are more into this as a hobby.

With that said, now that the public is this far into foldable phones, how many of you would go back to "regular phones" when your current folder is no longer viable?

This should be in a poll format, but to be honest, I tried doing one of those here before and I did not get it to work. Is anyone willing to take a crack at it?

For me, I can say that despite some small wrinkles, so far, I will not go back to a non folder.

Danny

Upvote 0
    my mom has the s22 and i hate her phone. i do not think i will ever go back to a non foldable as well. i love my z fold 4. no issues whatsoever. it is truly an amazing device. its not perfect, but no phone is in my opinion. definetly will be keeping a close eye on the fold 5. but if it turns out that the leap to the 5 is not that significant, i will be more than happy keeping the fold 4 until something else catches my eye. supposedly google is coming out with a foldable pixel phone.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Fair enough - I don't mind being the exception. The Z Fold 5 is expected to be a small improvement over the 4, but rumors are already trickling that the Z Fold 6 will be a major change.

I would definitely miss this main display when writing on the go, as I can use Word and see the entire page. Still undecided and I'm sure I'd have some regret right after selling this one. I hope, for all of you, that the foldable phone doesn't end up like VR or even 3D TVs. We were in deep with both technologies and the plug got pulled on us.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones