• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anybody else find any bugs in velocity 1.1?

stenz

May 19, 2011
I have been running velocity for a while, and updated a few nights ago....finally.
I noticed when I set my phone to vibrate it vibrates as a confirmation, but I don't get a vibration from messages or calls.
Haptic feedback works properly aswell as sound, it just bugs me that I don't know when I receive messages while I am at work.

Thanks
Stenz

My phone randomly unmounts the SD card. This isn't usually a problem, i just eject it and reinsert it, but sometimes it reboots, which is a pain when i'm trying to use my phone.

Mine did this on two different ROMs, so I took it out, formatted it in a PC, put it back in the phone, reflashed the Velocity and started 100% fresh with everything and it is fine now. Its been fine for a couple of months. Previously it would do the unmount thing about 1 or 2 times a day. It is most likely the SD card, not the ROM.

EDIT: My mom's has done that since she got the phone new also. It has to just be an issue with the cheap SD cars that they use or something.

Upvote 0
I thought sandisk was a good brand lol. They always sell out first here. It took me forever to get one.

How about this? My defaults don't stick except for my home screen replacement (Widget Locker and GO). Every time i reboot my phone, i have to make GO sms default, Skyfire default, etc. Just another minor bug. I don't really care about it, but i'm throwing it out here

Upvote 0
Ok got another one going on.

After removing my phone from the charger it still says it is charging, therefore keeping the red LED on and I can watch my battery drain.
Any ideas on how to fix that?

I have formatted, reflashed, and updated everything I can and it still does it 8 out of 10 times.

Upvote 0
Occasionally, when I receive a text, I hear the notification and see the icon at the top of the screen, however if I tap the message to see all of it in HandCent or the stock Messaging app, the app opens and the message is gone. It has happened with multiple people, different networks and seems rather random.

Velocity 1.1

use the stock sms and it wont happen. not exactly sure why but it wont do it with the regular sms app

Upvote 0
Ok got another one going on.

After removing my phone from the charger it still says it is charging, therefore keeping the red LED on and I can watch my battery drain.
Any ideas on how to fix that?

I have formatted, reflashed, and updated everything I can and it still does it 8 out of 10 times.

Im thinking you may have a short in your usb plug (on the phone)

Try turning the phone off, pulling the battery and spraying a bunch of electrical contact cleaner in there, wait till it evaporates, then put it back together and boot up

Upvote 0
I think with everyone experiencing issues should run logcat and suubmit files to the devs. I am one to tell you guys as much as I use my phone I've had every single issues you guys are having even with stock no root. The sdcard thing was annoying especially with apps on the sdcard. I just reformatted the sdcard and it seemed to went away (during install of velocity 1.1 it seemed like it went away). I thought it was the card comming loose as my old ally didn't do that. We should start an ally bug list because like I said it all did that to me. Wait until you guys get the headphone jack bug going on. You're going to hate that shit. I've had random reboots to the android screen quite often with stock but I only had one reboot with velocity running pandora jams phone calls messaging fully going on with google maps running the driving directions thing at around 30% battery will glitch and restart but then again the phone was smoking hot too ontop of the dashboard. I forgot to mention that sometimes when you're in and out of service the 3g gets stuck on 1x or dissapears but 3g is still going strong. But once it stuck on 1x for a long time even with full reception but I was at 2.5mbps download so it was obviously on 3g. A reboot fixed it though. Like I stated probably glitched out in the phones radio more than in velocity

Upvote 0
i just finished a trip from colorado to pa i brought a plethera of adaptors (knowing i would be spending most of the time in a rental running navigation) ..previously i had been having an issue with choppy media (bad) well when pluging car adaptor in to my 110ac-13.5v dc unit my screen tweekd out bad totaly locking me out upon reboot same thing even unpluged.. then when plugged in it showed charging and i watched my batterie drop.. rent to recovery and no luck with 1.1 nad back ups but my velocity 1.0 nad worked like a champ and now no chopy media... im at a loss .... i love velocity 1.1...

and i did prove a heavy fluxuation from the adaptor ... but still no explanation for the media?

Upvote 0
i just finished a trip from colorado to pa i brought a plethera of adaptors (knowing i would be spending most of the time in a rental running navigation) ..previously i had been having an issue with choppy media (bad) well when pluging car adaptor in to my 110ac-13.5v dc unit my screen tweekd out bad totaly locking me out upon reboot same thing even unpluged.. then when plugged in it showed charging and i watched my batterie drop.. rent to recovery and no luck with 1.1 nad back ups but my velocity 1.0 nad worked like a champ and now no chopy media... im at a loss .... i love velocity 1.1...

and i did prove a heavy fluxuation from the adaptor ... but still no explanation for the media?

Disabling stagefright may fix the media issue, my frind has a charger that works fine for a MT4G but dains my battery like crazy. No idea why i just know i cant use hers but the one i got with a phone i bought from a friend on here works great with mine.

Reactions: gratt26
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones