1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anybody else having voice mail problems?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VMN490, Dec 29, 2011.

1. VMN490

VMN490 Newbie

My VZ voice mail accepts my password sporadically while on my wife's phone it does not accept it at all even when calling from another line. We have worked with VZ reps and did all the easy things (like reset the password, reinstall sim card, etc.) VZ has maintained its a VZ issue until this morning when I got a message from a VZ engineer saying its a software issue. Supposedly, if the volume is too loud when you enter the password it creates some kind of feedback and does not work. An update will fix it. Before I complain some more anybody else having a problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

open the dialer, click on the 3 dots and select "settings". Once there, select "DTMF Tones", then choose long tones. this fixed the issue for me.

trophynuts and VMN490 like this.
  3. clb2196

clb2196 Android Enthusiast

Interesting. Haven't had this issue on my Nexus, but my husband has on his LG Revo.

4. VMN490

VMN490 Newbie

Thanks for the tip. Just tried it but it did not work. I am going to try re-setting the password one more time.

5. VMN490

VMN490 Newbie

I managed to get both voicemails working but only if the passwords are entered when the phone is NOT on speakerphone. Strange, but it supports what the VZ engineer told me about some sort of feedback from the phone.

Can anybody verify there VZ voicemail works if they enter their password while on speakerphone? Surprising I seem to be the only one with this problem.

6. Connectz

Connectz Android Enthusiast

If it helps at all, use Google Voice for your voicemail. I absolutely HATE having to call a number and wait through voicemails.

7. daddyd302

daddyd302 Android Enthusiast

Since I got GV on my OG Droid, I've never use the regular voicemail. I don't understand why people just don't use GV... For me, it's just better and easier to use then Verizon's.....

8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

That is the only way I listen to VMs, it has worked every time.

VMN490 likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews