1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anybody else suddenly getting SipDroid registration errors on PBXes.org?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RazzMaTazz, Jan 6, 2012.

1. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Update 1/17/12. This problem is solved. See post #5 below.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    I've had Google Voice & Sipdroid (v 2.3) working with free PBXes.org account on my LG Optimus phone for many months, but over the last few days SipDroid gives me a red dot in the notification area at the top of the phone. If I open it, it says, "Registration failed (404 Not found)". SipDroid repeatedly tries to register but repeatedly fails.

I went onto PBXes.org via the web and logged in. My account seems to be in good standing. (It's a free account).

My WiFi connection to the Internet is fine.

Anybody else having this problem?

Anybody have any good ideas about how to solve the problem?

Advertisement

2. jgator87

jgator87 Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    I'm having the same problem but it just started a few hours ago. I have no clue whats wrong or how to fix it. Frustrating but its free so I guess I can't complain. At least I know im not the only one.

3. richdroid79

richdroid79 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Thanks for posting Razz - new user her tearing hair out reading all the grief of trying to use pbxes all day yesterday, then seeing you as a senior expert saying maybe the darn server is crapped. Newbie user just yesterday, pbxes account confirmed, but nevvvr got a green light. By the way my pbxes registration page does show "0" accounts with a "not yet verified" on the bottom edge of the accounts table image - WTF? Of course, your continued monitoring and reporting would be greatly apprecced!! We feel so stuck & alone out here in the cybersphere when it comes to a non-supported utitlity like pbxes geekware. You'd think Google voice would giva crap??

4. RazzMaTazz

None

Jan 28, 2011
    I still can't get SipDroid to register on PBXes.org. Anybody have any suggestions?

5. RazzMaTazz

None

Jan 28, 2011
    SipDroid is once again working with my free PBXes.org account. I'm not sure if this is what fixed it (because I didn't try SipDroid until after I did this) but from my PC, I:
    1) Logged into my PBXes.org account.
    2) Clicked on the "Personal Data" section (found on the left sidebar of PBXes.org).
    3) Made a trivial change to the mailing address.
    4) Clicked on the "Submit & Start" button (near the bottom of the page).

Again, I have no idea if that fixed the problem or if it was already working, but when I went to use SipDroid (over WiFi), it registered, I got the green dot in the notification area, and I was able to make/receive calls. I'd be interested to hear if this solved the problem for anyone else, or if it's unrelated and PBXes.org is just up again or something.