1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anybody else's DX get extremeily hoy occasionally?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J S Machine, May 7, 2011.

1. J S Machine

J S Machine Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    toolmaker,firefighter
    I have an insurance replacement - Which was a new phone (not a replacement). I've had it for a couple of months now. Everything seems to be going fine and all.

Recently, sometimes when I'm holding my phone I notice it is extremely warm. Hot to the thouch. It will get so hot, that I will pull the battery, There must be somethiong gining on, like a stuck application or something else.

Anybody get this?

Advertisement

2. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Mine does. It got to 108 a few times. Playing Angry Birds while playing music is a big culprit. If you are worried about it, I would suggest getting the app "BattmonX" by our good buddy Scary Alien, that has a feature that warns you when your batt gets too hot.

3. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    NYC
    Download an internal temp monitor, compare it with what other people are getting and you can see if anything's out of whack. Sometimes the DX gets a little hot. No way to know if yours is getting TOO hot without knowing the temp.

Probably not a big deal in itself, it's likely not getting hot enough to cause any damage (but it could be)... but it could be a symptom of other problems.
    (not to mention that the hotter it gets, the faster your battery drains)

4. J S Machine

J S Machine Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    toolmaker,firefighter
    I have realized this.

Every time it does this it seems to suck battery life like crazy. It only started doing it recently though. I wish I knew why it is doing it. Almost like the phone is freezing up because of some app not working correctly. I don't have alot of apps.

5. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    NYC
    If you can check your wake time vs. time since boot, you can see if any apps are keeping your phone awake when they shouldn't be, which could be the problem.

I think spareparts does this, give it a shot but it might require root, i can't remember.