• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody get Flashplayer working in Verizon Edge 7?

I have it however the way the page forms cuts out a crucial key I need to press on the website. I have tried every setting but no dice. It only works with actual flashplayer installed in phone and with firefox. Thanks though. Puffin would work for most things. It is possible the page formats this way to avoid using a remote server like Puffin.

Upvote 0
Well Dolphin is another Flash-capable browser for Android, but note it uses a dated version of the Flash plugin that's integral to the app. At least with Puffin you're using a more current version that's updated and maintained on their servers so Flash isn't actually on your phone. Mute point as it isn't working out for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en
Adobe stopped supporting Flash for all mobile browsers some four years ago now so it kind of sucks your work place is still requiring smartphone access to sites that haven't moved on to HTML5. There's still a 11.x Flash apk floating around online that some use to sideload into phones but I'd recommend avoiding it because of its security issues. Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with Puffin's page cropping issue you ran into but Firefox uses Mozilla's Gecko web engine, Puffin is based on WebKit (Dolphin also uses WebKit).

Upvote 0
For whatever reason Firefox works but Dolphin has the same issue as Puffin. Only Firefox works properly. I am not required to use smart phone for work. I am required to use flashplayer for our website. It just makes my life infinitely easier to be able to access the website and read and enter data without getting out a computer. Sometimes I literally pull my car over into a parking lot and access key info that I can reply to a client about or even make a needed change.

I agree it is ridiculous that a big company continues to use this outmoded software but that's another department. Odd thing is there are no videos involved. I have no idea what function flashplayer plays but you cannot access certain pages nor make changes without it.

I have the apk downloaded directly from Adobe. I have it saved in an app that I backup my phone in. What I don't know is whether it will work in a modern phone using Marshmallow. I am still in lollypop.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Adobe dropped supporting Flash for ALL mobile devices four years ago. Flash is a security risk even for supported platforms so using it intentionally is in essence inviting your phone/tablet to be compromised. Dolphin relies on an outdated Flash plugin so it's a) not going to be usable on some sites anyway and b) not safe regardless. You might want to look into the Puffin browser app, it doesn't 'infect' your mobile device with a browser plugin like Dolphin does but instead relies on a more current version of Flash in its own online servers.
But again, Flash itself simply isn't safe.

Reactions: recDNA
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones