• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody get theirs yet?

Does anybody know if Pixel or Pixel XL are displayed in Verizon stores yet?
I would like to go check out a live demo. Trying to decide if I can live with the camera, lack of expanded storage, and screen (dev option -> sRGB mode might help me adapt)

They have them at Best Buy. It's a very nice phone. I'm going to order one (unlocked) if I can find the blue one.

Upvote 0
Got my Pixel XL 32GB last Friday (the 21st). I've had my nose buried in this thing quite a bit over the last 6 days. It's easily the best phone I've ever had. Granted, I haven't had the opportunity to test any other 2016 phones, but I had a Note 4 and a Moto X Pure and my wife has a Note 5. All were great phones and have served us well, but the Pixel is quite a bit better in every regard in my opinion. I used the Pixel launcher for the first day, however I switched to Nova Prime and really got it set up how I like it. I guess I'm just used to Nova and didn't give the Pixel launcher a fair shot. I may move back to it and give it a go eventually, but for now I'm going to run Nova. Anyway, I'm really loving the phone so far and am very happy with my purchase.

Upvote 0
I have just purchased a Google Pixel XL from Verizon to replace my failing Moto Droid Turbo. I am and have been fiercely loyal to Motorola products for many years and still have Motorola base Station(s) and mobile units for a snow removal company we own.

That being said, I’m now a major fan of the Google Pixel XL! I had been reading reviews on the Motorola Z Force and had initially intended to purchase it instead. After reading the reviews and actually ‘handling’ the device I’m very excited about the Pixel XL. The first night I had the Pixel my wife asked what I thought out it. When I told her that I was very impressed she responded that, ‘I’m not normally impressed with a new cell’.

I was pleasantly surprised that the Pixel XL did not have all of the Verizon bloatware normally installed by Verizon. Additionally, while I need to test and confirm so far it appears that the Pixel has much better reception that my Droid Turbo with service in areas that typically would be dead. Supposedly the ‘glass’ on the back allows for better signal reception. I’m also very impressed with the quality of the calls.

The Pixel Xl is one of the devices that are now using USB-C cabling. In my searching I found a post indicating that a Google engineer fried his new device with an aftermarket cable and did research on cable manufacturers. Based on his list of ‘good’ cables I have purchased additional USB to USB-C’s as well as Micro to USB-C Adapters.

While I have only had the Pixel XL for two days, the only item that I could ‘complain’ about is the speaker volume which could be louder. Lastly, while we will have to wait and see if it’s true or not, I’m being told that my Pixel XL will receive ‘timely’ updates which have not been my experience with Moto previously…

Added 10/29/16: I also believe the battery is perfroming better than the Droid Turbo without 'battery management' enabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cons-Speaker not loud enough. Not enough real estate on the screen for its size, thus making the real estate for the camera smaller. Notifications are not consistent (and yes, I've checked them many times). Lack of a visual voicemail red icon.

Pros - fast, I think it has a good battery. Not much bloatware. Not water-resistant for the price.

Missing my Note 7 A LOT. It never got hot, and it was the best Note I had.

Upvote 0
I got mine a few days ago and so far I have absolutely no regrets! The only thing that stings a little is the darn price. Overall speed, quality, and experience I would rate 9 out of 10! I love it, finally a serious android contender to iPhone to judge on the same playing field. Every time people would compare iPhone to Andoird they would always use Galaxy as their comparison phone which isn't fair cause of the overlay. I have had plenty of Galaxy phones before and they all are really just a shiny turd! They always start out strong but once you have it for a few months TouchWiz ruins the device! No bloatware is the number one important thing to me. This phone does just that! Plus we have the reliability of Google to be constantly updating it! Anyone on edge I would highly recommend, you wont regret it. Especially long time iPhone users!

Upvote 0
I ordered mine late Monday (10/31) morning. It shipped via free 2-day shipping, but arrived early, the next day, in the afternoon. They're giving me a $300 credit for my old LG G2, spread out over 24 months, which cuts the monthly payment almost in half. True I will not have a backup phone, but I haven't needed one in many years. I was attracted to a Google phone because I was tired of manufacturer bloatware constantly requiring updates. I will probably be fine with 32GB storage, but I don't understand why any highend smartphone does not include an SD card slot. There seems to the outline of one on the left side of the Pixel, but it does not open. I get less data for the money with Verizon vs Sprint, my old carrier. I have 14 days to return it. Not sure yet if I'll keep it.

Upvote 0
I received mine about 2 weeks ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. I got the Pixel, because I can't stand how big phones have gotten, and it is the perfect size for me.

I've hmming and hawwing about how intrusive the google app is, but then I found the little toggles to turn things off as you so desire.

I purchased it from Google and attempted to use their Google Project Fi network, but promptly found that if you live in the far away suburbs and work in the sticks like I do, you'll be left without any service for much of the time. I was able to get back on VZW at my same rates and with no contract and they even credited me 100 bucks for coming back, so all's good on that front!

So far so good though on the phone, it looks and feels much better than I had anticipated based on the photos.

Justin

Upvote 0
Not yet!!!!!!!!!!! and it's driving me crazy. ordered a while before they came out and i'm still on the "Shipping Nov 18th" status with Verizon. I see now they are saying not shipping new orders till late December sometime.

So even though I'm furious about waiting till the 18th, its much better than waiting till December.

and here's the best part. I dropped my G5 in a sink and now it's junk. so i'm using a borrowed G4 from someone. I have a $700 phone i paid for and ordered a month ago and I'm stuck using a borrowed and beat up hunk of junk!!!!!! WTF

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones