• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anybody getting LIGHTFLOW to work properly?

I've used Lightflow for several years now and use it a lot. No problems... until now!
I tried the paid version of Light Flow (I am a heavy notification user) and it doesn't work. Tried many settings and workarounds (including the Samsung-specific workaround, direct mode, etc.). Nothing.

And the worst problem is that the always-on screen of the S7/Edge only shows missed calls and SMS messages... and the blue LED light when I want the red or purple LED light. I am quite stuck at this point.
I don't want the miss/blocked call notification either, but it looks like I'm stuck with that.

Installed Light Manager, getting the same notifications as before, a popup with blue blinking light. I wanted purple, then tried red... still getting blue. I tested the lights in setup and the colors I wanted worked then. Had my wife text me, blue LED

When I checked the FAQ, I saw this:
Samsung Galaxy S 7 Edge - Not fully compatible with Android 6.0, have to enable “Wake Screen” in Light Manager > Advanced Settings

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You need to enable "5.1 workaround" in LightManager settings, then in each App that you want custom LED color notifications, you need to turn LED notification off in each of those apps. Finally, in "Settings--->Notifications" on the S7, you need to enable notifications from LightManager.
Can you elaborate in detail a little more? Such as isn't the 5.1 for pre-Marshmallow? And turning off the allow LED notification in settings, in my case I only want text notification and it's the only one I allow in Notifications/Advanced

Upvote 0
The developer advised to turn on the 5.1 workaround. Basically, you want Light Manager to control the LED, so every App that you want LightManager to control requires that LED notification within that specific App be turned off. After you have setup LightManager, you must "Restart Light Manager", in order for your changes to take effect.

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
The developer advised to turn on the 5.1 workaround. Basically, you want Light Manager to control the LED, so every App that you want LightManager to control requires that LED notification within that specific App be turned off. After you have setup LightManager, you must "Restart Light Manager", in order for your changes to take effect.
OK, I'll try those... thanks.

Upvote 0
Couldn't find where the LED lights in settings? Looked all over for it too, but so many setting options.
Anyways, following some of the instructions listed above, I got the Light Manager purple led & app to show up on the "Always on Screen" which is what I want. I sure would like to get rid of the phone calls blocked or otherwise though.

Upvote 0
I tried Light flow and it was to confusing all the settings. Than my friend messed with it and couldn't get it to work. I'll have her test this one and see if she gets it to work. I would just like purple or pink for my text. Textra has where you can use a different color LED so did Handcent back when I used it but I don't know if they work. I'm using stock messenger now on this phone. But I have this Tweetcaster Pro twitter app and it lights up Red and Yellow and Green and has Blue but nothing else fancy but I tested it and it worked and it also has blink speed.

Upvote 0
Oh it does so do I need to make it my default than try it? I downloaded it when I got this phone but then ended up liking the stock messaging cause under contacts I could have notifications for people besides ringtones. So I haven't used Textra but the other day I opened it up and saw text there.

Textra's works, set it up earlier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones