1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Anybody getting Sports Tap notifications to work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hookedMD, Nov 18, 2009.

1. hookedMD

hookedMD Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I set Sports Tap to send a score alert every 15 minutes for one of my teams but do not get the alerts in the notification bar or hear an audible alert. I have the phone set to use background data, leaving Sports Tap 'open' and mobile network is 'on'.

I wonder if there is a problem with the phone checking for updates while asleep because I have had a similar problem with Google Voice not alerting me that I have a new SMS until I power the phone back on.

Is there no true push notfiications outside of mail?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I set up my sports tap to give me updates on all the cowboys games. I got notifications, but not all of them which I think was mostly due to my poor phone reception at my house.

I am curious to know if this is a problem with this app or this phone as I also have the Eris. Hopefully it was just a signal issue.

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    That's your problem right there. Your phone is telling you to pick a respectable team. LOL. :D

4. hookedMD

hookedMD Active Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Do you mind posting your setup as far as Sports Tap goes and the phone? Maybe I am missing something.

5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    In settings (Sports tap settings) make sure that network is checked, alerts are checked, I have everything checked in alert settings, update frequency for my widget is set to 1 min, favorite teams = cowboys, that's it

I also have my phone set to run background data, I don't know if it makes a difference for sports tap but it might.