1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anybody got a non-default voicemail solution?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shigglyboo, Sep 21, 2011.

1. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    The default voicemail is killing me. Is there really no app out there that can replace it? It seems Google Voice is a definitely no go, and I was trying that other one that requires call forwarding... VM or Motorola need to just sell me a $2 app that gives me visual voicemail. I am beyond tired of hearing the entire phone number and timestamp before I hear a buddy say "hey dude, call me back".

Advertisement

2. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    Try YouMail and/or HulloMail Smart Voicemail.

3. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    I tried Youmail for a minute, the call forwarding thing seems weird. Just installed Hullomail, and it also wants to do the call forwarding thing. I'm hoping it only forwards calls if I don't answer...

It asked for network, and since I'm on Virgin Mobile I just selected Sprint. It says it activated and went through, so we'll see.

I almost wanna just commission someone to create an app. All it needs to do is dial the voicemail number in the background - enter the password automatically, copy & delete the message from the server and load it onto the phone. This is one major issue that the iPHone had right. I've been on Android for a few months now and the lack of email pushing & proper voicemail have been my two big issues. By email pushing I mean, there used to be an indicator on the email icon saying how many new messages I have. Now I have to login each time just to see if there's a message or not.

/rant

Thanks for the suggestion, let's hope Hullomail can help me out.

4. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Go Launcher has an addon called Go Launcher Notifications, it adds this. There are also a couple widgets that show your unread gmail count.

5. Annaaaa

Annaaaa Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm new to Virgin Mobile, although not new to Android. I also got used not having to log in to my voicemail on my Evo. Now I just don't feel like doing that. I noticed on these apps that it says they won't work with prepaid phones. Is there a way around that? Thanks :)

6. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    Try them and see. Google Voice, YouMail, and HulloMail. It has other but these three are best in general.

7. melissapugs

melissapugs Android Enthusiast
    None

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm under the impression that Virgin doesn't allow for forwarding of anything, including voicemail:( I confirmed this through several failed attempts at GV and YouMail, research in the forums and guidance from those apps' representatives before I got a hold of an intelligible person at VM- had to completely reset my phone and call the carrier to take the hitch off after HulloMail. Maybe someone could correct me on this, I'd love to be wrong and have a voicemail alternative :)

8. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    The only solution I have seen is to call virgin and disable your virgin mobile voicemail. Then use google voice and only give out your google voice number.