• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anybody has a copy of the stock rom?

I know this can be done im going to put some instructions to get a copy of the rom without a custom recovery. I dont have phone the phone yet, but if i can get copy of the stock rom i can do some stuff with it.

Looks like this is a no go til we have a custom recovery. I thought i read somewhere you can get the stock rom using adb command, of course being rooted though. Sorry!

Upvote 0
Found this out, somebody on this forum said they put the phone in download mode? Wondering how you did that and also, hopefully your not rooted. maybe you can copy those boot.img and recovery.img and mbn files for us???

jntdroid is his S/N

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend-x-4g/371281-how-do-i-install-clockworkmod-recovery-3-a.html

Also looks like the ascend x is unlocked bootloader. Now if you can but the phone in download mode maybe the bootloader isnt locked? Only one way to find out is put the phone in adb fastboot.

Upvote 0
100% stock Nandroid Backup

CWM 4.0.1.4 Triumph

Stock Recovery

make sure you install the CWM by going into fastboot (vol - and power on) Hook up usb, then drop the recovery.img in the folder on the MOBILE drive.

Extract "Stock Triumph 1980 01 06.00.00.34.7z" to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ on the sd. Boot into CWM and look for mounts. First format system, data, cache, and under advanced format dalvik cache, then select "backup and restore" and under the restore options select the Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 folder, and it will restore a never powered on backup of the stock rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones