• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anybody have solution to swap internal to external

love902

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
hello guys,

I purchased LG F3 about 4days ago.(software ver. LS720ZV8)
and I rooted it and had a recovery mode in it with gherkaul's helps.

Thank you very much, gherkaul!!

anyway, after all things, I tried to swap internal storage to external one.
and I succeed it!
now my internal shows 8G and external 1.2G
but, when I tried to install large amount app(just about 700mb) in my phone, play store expressed "insufficient space" in the middle time.
then stopped download as you are supposed to.
so I checked my phone status.
external space(1.2G) is full.

I read other threads about this.
I have known many people suffered same problem.
but I don't know what is solution for this.

could you guys help me for this?!

above all, thank you for seeing my thread.

hello guys,

I purchased LG F3 about 4days ago.(software ver. LS720ZV8)
and I rooted it and had a recovery mode in it with gherkaul's helps.

Thank you very much, gherkaul!!

anyway, after all things, I tried to swap internal storage to external one.
and I succeed it!
now my internal shows 8G and external 1.2G
but, when I tried to install large amount app(just about 700mb) in my phone, play store expressed "insufficient space" in the middle time.
then stopped download as you are supposed to.
so I checked my phone status.
external space(1.2G) is full.

I read other threads about this.
I have known many people suffered same problem.
but I don't know what is solution for this.

could you guys help me for this?!

above all, thank you for seeing my thread.
Basically, you are having this problem because when you swap the internal storage with the sd card app data gets written to the sd card but the apk(the actual app itself) is still installed to the phone's internal memory. This is because the sd card and internal memory use two different file systems. Sd cards are typically fat32 format while the internal memory is usually ext4 format. If you want to install the actual apps to your sd card you will need to create an ext4 partition on your sd card and use link2sd to move the app to the ext4 partition you created. Here is a guide on how to do this:How to Setup Link2SD - Android Creations

Upvote 0
Basically, you are having this problem because when you swap the internal storage with the sd card app data gets written to the sd card but the apk(the actual app itself) is still installed to the phone's internal memory. This is because the sd card and internal memory use two different file systems. Sd cards are typically fat32 format while the internal memory is usually ext4 format. If you want to install the actual apps to your sd card you will need to create an ext4 partition on your sd card and use link2sd to move the app to the ext4 partition you created. Here is a guide on how to do this:How to Setup Link2SD - Android Creations

-----------------------------------

thanks for reply

unfornately, I already tried to use Aparted and link2sd app in my phone.
but I decided I would not use it any more.
after using both app, I tried to install my favorite game app in f3.
I could install this app, but I couldn't download its update source.
basic app is just 15mb but after starting the game it start to update sources. its amount is 700mb.
If my internal storage would remain 699mb after moving this app by link2sd, I don't know how could download that.
download sources of this game require to install in internal storage too.
above all, this sources are internal data, not library files.
link2sd offer "link internal data" with no free, lol

anyway, how can I install big app is bigger than internal storage in my phone before move it by link2sd??

sorry for my bad English.
hope to make it sense to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones