• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody know of a price drop coming?

thoroside

Dec 16, 2009
What's up yall? Incredibly jealous right now of all you folks rocking this phone. I want it. I only know though if I go out and grab it now, in a week or so, my luck, a price drop will roll out, because of their next wave of phones as we near the Holidays. Anybody have any inside info on a price drop coming, an ETA, or even a fact that the price won't be falling anytime soon? That deal that drops the price to $39 or $49 thru Amazon Wireless is only for 22-24 month upgraders or new customers, so that doesn't apply. Any info would be appreciated, Google is letting me down.

Well, there are rumors of the Droid 2 Global that will replace the Droid 2. When that happens the D2 should drop in price.

Yeah I've seen the rumor, but they're all pretty loosey goosey right now, no definitive time on when that phone comes out. And then also read that it would completely replace the D2, no longer being sold, so there would be no price drop, perhaps even maybe a raise because of the new Global accessibility.

Upvote 0
The D2 World phone is coming. The D2 price will drop because it's most likely being discontinued when the WE comes out. There's no point in having both.
It's not too extreme to be true. They have dual core chips out for cell phones. 1.2 processors have been out for a while already. They just haven't been put to use in a cell phone yet.

Here's an internal leak. Take it for what you will. The Droid is A855, D2 is the A955. This shows an "A956 D2 WE" World Edition.
a956-a957-r2d2.jpg

This isn't an R2D2 and the D2 isn't white.
droid-2-we-droidlife.jpg

The Touch Pro2 is gone. They don't have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone.

Upvote 0
The D2 World phone is coming. The D2 price will drop because it's most likely being discontinued when the WE comes out. There's no point in having both.
It's not too extreme to be true. They have dual core chips out for cell phones. 1.2 processors have been out for a while already. They just haven't been put to use in a cell phone yet.

Here's an internal leak. Take it for what you will. The Droid is A855, D2 is the A955. This shows an "A956 D2 WE" World Edition.
a956-a957-r2d2.jpg

This isn't an R2D2 and the D2 isn't white.
droid-2-we-droidlife.jpg

The Touch Pro2 is gone. They don't have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone.

But they will have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone when the D2 Global (or world editon whatever they decide to call it) is released, correct?

Upvote 0
But they will have a touch screen slide out keyboard world phone when the D2 Global (or world editon whatever they decide to call it) is released, correct?

Yes. The phone will be the same as the D2 except for a few key features. It is said to have a 1.2 ghz processor and obviously world capabilities. Other then that it should be the same phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones