1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anybody out there?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tweak4, Aug 24, 2017.

1. tweak4

tweak4 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Anyone home?
    My wife got a Z2 Play the other day after her previous Z Play took a nasty tumble in a parking lot and was deemed not repairable, so I figured I'd keep an eye on the forum for her. Much to my surprise, it looks like I'm the only one here!

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    I'm here. What's the question?

3. tweak4

tweak4 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    So far, it's merely "Is anybody out there?" I was just surprised that the phone has been out for a little while now- a few weeks at least, and there were absolutely no posts in this forum.

We've had mostly Motorola phones since the days of the original Droid, and she really liked her previous Z Play, so when it met its unfortunate end and VZW had a reasonable deal on the Z2 Play, she jumped on it (in part, so that she could keep using her battery mod). However, she's not what I would call an Android enthusiast, or even an technology enthusiast, so I figured I'd keep an eye on the forums for her to see if anything interesting popped up.

For my part, I really like what Motorola/Lenovo has done with Android, but my old Turbo 2 was extremely disappointing, and I was so underwhelmed by the Z2 Force's smaller battery, lack of headphone jack, super scratchable screen and sub-par camera performance, that I jumped ship to Samsung :)

Player Made™ likes this.
  4. Player Made™

None

Sep 5, 2017
    WTF is this app?

#4 Player Made™, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. fineskylark

fineskylark Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2017
    How do I get past email verification on Moto droid turbo 2

6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Did you reset your Z2 and now don't know the account information? It's called Factory reset protection and you can't get around it without sending it in for service.

7. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010
    If you do know the original account information that the device was last used with... enter that info since it won't accept another new/different account if the account info wasn't first cleared before the device was reset.

Once you get past the Device protection ( by inputting the last active account )... You can clear that in the Account's area in Settings and change it to whatever you wish at that point.

If you don't know the account info... then it would need to be taken in for service as mentioned.