• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody play the WEREWOLF game?

haha....no not an android game.

14 players total:
3 wolves (bad guys)
a seer that gets to reveal the role of any player each night (good guy)
a protector that gets to protect someone from death each night (good guy)
9 villagers that just try to stay alive and find the woves.

each day the village votes to burn someone they think is a wolf
each night the wolves secretly vote to eat someone
each night the seer gets to reveal player as long as the wolves dont eat the seer that night.
each night the protector gets to protect someone unless the wolves eat the protector

its a fun game and highly addictive for some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Upvote 0
no no....it's a game you play on a forum. someone heads up the game, for example, me.

then 13 other posters who want to play would sign up. i would assign roles:

3 wolves (bad guys)
a seer that gets to reveal the role of any player each night (good guy)
a protector that gets to protect someone from death each night (good guy)
9 villagers that just try to stay alive and find the woves

and then you play the game, using the rules above. only the wolves know they are wolves, and they know who each of the wolves is, and they can PM each other. everybody else only knows their individual role, cannot PM anyone, and must work together to try and find the wolves. each day the village votes to "burn" someone, hoping that they're burning a wolf. after the burn, the game head (me) tells whether the person burned was a wolf or villager. that night, the wolves choose someone to kill. also, the seer chooses someone to "see" what role they are (if a wolf or simple villager), and also, the protector chooses someone to protect. if the wolves choose to kill the same person that is protected, the kill is blocked.

the village tries to identify the wolves, and the wolves try to kill off the village.

Upvote 0
Only problem I can see with this is finding thirteen people other than yourself who want to waste time with it. I will if we can get enough other players...

...hmm, another problem is time zones, I'm in Australia, fourteen hours ahead of New York.
It could work, you'd just need to get 13 people who check in daily and probably limit it to one 'action' per day (if I'm understanding the game correctly).

We had the Android Forums RPG last year which was basically a tabletop RPG game that went on for I think a couple of months... quite a while I think.

Who knows, it could work. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones