1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Anybody Proficient in C/Linux?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paxchristos, Nov 21, 2011.

1. paxchristos

paxchristos Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    I just downloaded the source code for the Commando off the Casio website (CASIO G'zOne COMMANDO) and I noticed that it is entirely in C! (It's a linux kernel, so duh)

I was curious if anybody in the commando section was proficent in C/linux, and would be willing to work with me (i've done some (minimal) C programming and a little java programming) towards building a working custom kernel for this phone and eventually getting around to building custom roms...

Next semester I plan on loading up on programming courses so hopefully I can get this project going...

Note: While I do not personally own this phone, my wife does, and you guys seem like you need a little programmer lovin' :p (My efforts will be focused on the Verizon Xperia Play, but anything I can learn and help you guys with would be fun)

Advertisement

bigdanmeys13 likes this.
  2. jova33

jova33 Android Expert
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    Yeah, as soon as I'm out of this current line of employment I'm definitely taking some courses.

Back in high school I was the only kid that didn't fit in computer programming class. Everyone wore glasses and had bad acne, while I would pass out on the keyboard and drool, and still get better grades.