1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anybody still using the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by funpig, Aug 8, 2016.

1. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

I have owned my P6210 since about 2012. The first year was hell; under Honeycomb 3.2, my Tab random rebooted several times a day. Samsung Canada never pushed an official update. I was able to flash a UK version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2 in about 2013. This has been rock solid for the last three years.

Lately, i have been having issues going on some websites. I was told that jelly bean lacks up to date security protocols so the website will not let me make a secure connection,

I went to the xda developers site and flashed the latest cyanogenmod 13.0 with the pico gapps. Everything worked but there were a few bugs. It sometimes lagged and it occassionally force closed and rebooted. After the novelty of the new features wore off, I restored to 4.1.2.

(I have since discovered that using Chrome or Firefox will allow me to access the websites. I would still like to update the Tab to get rid of the underlying security issues and to be able to download newer apps which require higher version of Android).

I would like to find an earlier rom version of lollipop or kitkat which is stable. Any suggestions
    ?

Anybody else still using this Tab?

#1 funpig, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. srglassw

srglassw Member

Anybody else still using this Tab?

I'm still using my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus but I do have issues with some apps. My Tab was purchased in the US and as a US model got an official Samsung update to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.4). That was a good improvement over Honeycomb but now is more and more having issues with updated apps.

I am having to use the "stock" version of the Maps app. The updated version from Google Play locks up whenever a search is done and is pretty much unusable. I was having a severe battery drain issue with Google Play Services but that seems to be resolved now. I'm not sure if a new version of Google Play Services or my getting the needed sync and notification settings turned off cured that issue. There are several apps that I used to use regularly that are no longer compatible with my Tab, notably Blue Iris web cam software client and Texture by Next Issue magazine app.

#2 srglassw, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

#3 funpig, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    srglassw likes this.
  4. srglassw

srglassw Member

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a look. It would be nice to breath a bit of new life into my Tab as it still is in great condition but for the outdated operating system version.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews