• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody use bluetooth keyboard/mice w/ laptop?

Just ordered an Alienware m11x (yes, it can't be shipped here quick enough!!!) and threw in bluetooth for an extra $20. What I didn't know is that there is a total lack of bluetooth keyboard/mice products on the market now. I've never bought bluetooth stuff for the computer, I can tell you though that my N1 and truck don't like talking to each other over bluetooth :(

So does anyone here actually use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse with their laptop? Or has everyone basically gone with RF wireless? From what I've seen the options are limited for keyboards anyways.

I was going to go wireless so that I could hook my laptop up to my tv and use it from the couch. Might end up going RF wireless instead of bluetooth, but seeing as how I purchased bluetooth for the laptop it would be nice to use it. Plus using up one less usb port sounds like a plus.

I think that BT is frowned upon, particularly when gaming, b/c of the low bandwidth - but I am not certain.

It could be something as simple as there is a low demand for it, or it could be that it is something that just hasn't taken off b/c of lack of support - who knows?

I did a search for BT KB reviews and found most of the links from this year, particularly in June, but also found at least one review from 2008...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones