1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anybody use SeekDroid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sharksfan7, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sharksfan7

sharksfan7 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone use SeekDroid on their Inspire? It's the FAOTD today. Apparently it does much the same as what HTCSense.com is supposed to do. But that often isn't working. I downloaded it but haven't installed yet. Would like to hear what others have to say about it. Seems to have pretty positive reviews on Amazon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuMbO2008

GuMbO2008 Newbie

Definitly use seekdroid. I've been using this app since the day i got it. I tried so hard to figure out how to setup my phone so that when i tried to search it on HTCSENSE.com i would get an exact location of my phone. But what ever i tried to do i couldn't make it any better since HTC just doesn't give a rats *** about their phone recovery site.

Seekdroid is just phenomenal because it finds your phone in less than a minute (well for me of course). But i like the fact that you can "Hide" your phone while it's being located. For instant if your brother, sister, crazy girlfriend etc... takes your phone you can search it and they are not going to know that you are doing that. You can catch them pretty much and they can't really say anything about it.

Also i like the cell info. Whether your phone is stolen or your in college and you don't know if your roommate is using your phone while you are asleep at night you can simply check online at your phone calls to see who is calling who.

Trust me best tracking app i have ever used plus the cheapest i have ever paid for. One thing i would ask for is to ask the company to implement some antivirus since some apps like Lookout and AVG Security don't really have good phone locating capabilities. SeekDroid actually did really great with their app.

sharksfan7 likes this.
  3. Scythe

Scythe Well-Known Member

As a side note, the SeekDroid dev is very responsive as well :)

4. sharksfan7

That's good to know. Thanks. I installed it and it seems to work well for what it does. Guess it's like insurance. Good to have if you need it, but hope you never do.

5. andrews317

andrews317 Android Enthusiast

What advantages do I get with the paid version? I downloaded the free one and its great.

6. sharksfan7

From the description of the free version, it looks like it only lets you locate the phone and map its location. The full version allows you to remotely activate an audible alarm, lock the device, see a list of recent calls, wipe the phone memory and wipe the sd card. The HTCSense.com site is supposed to do most of these things (all but see recent calls). However, more times than not HTCSense.com is unable locate the phone.

andrews317 likes this.
  7. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Just trying the free version ATM on my HTC Desire HD and i like this very much.
    This may be the first app i buy.

Pep

8. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member

Definitely pay for the full version! I have never even bothered with logging into HTC Sense and trying to do it from there. As the other user noted, it has so many great features and it's reliable!! If your phone were to get stolen and the sim card is replaced with another one, you can still get that info! It's an amazing app.

9. RigelX

RigelX Well-Known Member

I'm curious.
    I almost always have my GPS off to conserve battery power.
    Do these apps respond to something like a text to turn on the GPS, or does the GPS need to be left active for them to work?

10. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member

You can have GPS off and this app will turn it on to find your location. It's an amazing feature.

RigelX likes this.
  11. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member

You also do not need to send a text message to your phone. Sorry I am currently unable to edit my post for some reason.

RigelX likes this.
  12. StandingCow

StandingCow Member

Yep, I use it. It can hide itself... and it works much more often than htcsense.com.

RigelX likes this.
  13. RigelX

RigelX Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses.
    I'll definitely check it out.