• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories anybody willing to sell their extra battery door?

You know what? I'm starting to think its stolen. Either he stole it or someone else did. Tmobile usually has the backs of them on security things.

Well he/she probably will not tell us the truth now, but if it is stolen, I won't be selling/giving my battery door cover. I don't support that shiznack.

Heck even if he/she found it, I wouldn't support it. I would try my hardest to get the phone back to the original owner. You could easily dial 611, get in touch with t-mobile, and get the phone back to the owner.

BTW, if it was stolen from a display model, expect something interesting to start happening with the phone pretty soon.

Upvote 0
it could be stolen.. bought it off craigslist a couple days ago, so i don't really know. it's possibly a scam (now that i think of it). the box was sent from tmobile as an RMA. i shouldn't have bought it, but it's too late now.

hmmm well anyway, try putting a silicone case on it until you get a battery cover. this should work fine for you, battery shouldn't fall out, you could always put some tape on the battery to hold it in, then put the silicone case on.

ps...i wouldn't spend more than 5 bucks for a battery door cover, i'm sure they will soon pop up on ebay for 2-5 bucks.

the verizon fascinate ones are already on there, i think like 5-14 bucks or something.

Upvote 0
i've only seen the verizon version for $15 shipped.

my friend is going to give me his door, so thankfully i have this all worked out. i kinda do regret buying this phone, even if i got it pretty cheap. i don't think it was directly stolen from anyone, but there is probably some sort of scam to get these phones sent to an address. actually, im guessing these people might be using the insurance fraud.

then again, there's a piece of paper with instructions on how to return the original phone... so probably not a lost phone/fraud scam.

Upvote 0
i've only seen the verizon version for $15 shipped.

my friend is going to give me his door, so thankfully i have this all worked out. i kinda do regret buying this phone, even if i got it pretty cheap. i don't think it was directly stolen from anyone, but there is probably some sort of scam to get these phones sent to an address. actually, im guessing these people might be using the insurance fraud.

then again, there's a piece of paper with instructions on how to return the original phone... so probably not a lost phone/fraud scam.

well I dunno, I guess you purchased it, its over and done. try checking ebay, maybe you can use a temporary hard case, or something else like the silicone gel skins. then again seems like your problem is solved, your friend is giving you one.

Upvote 0
yeah, i ordered the case but it's coming from hong kong. gonna take a while to arrive.

and even though it's already been purchased, it still takes away from the joy i get from having the vibrant.

btw, i don't see any doors for the samsung fascinate (except one going for $15).

look at this auction.. selling phone without the door too http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mobile-Samsun...=Cell_Phones&hash=item3f032f7fc9#ht_789wt_928

Upvote 0
yeah, i ordered the case but it's coming from hong kong. gonna take a while to arrive.

and even though it's already been purchased, it still takes away from the joy i get from having the vibrant.

btw, i don't see any doors for the samsung fascinate (except one going for $15).

look at this auction.. selling phone without the door too
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mobile-Samsung-Vibrant-T959-No-Battery-Door-Included-/270636384201?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3f032f7fc9#ht_789wt_928

interesting, did you know the battery door was missing? It is very well possible, this person selling the phone is doing so legit. Maybe they are purchasing units that should be going to RMA, and instead refurbishing them and then putting them up on ebay. I would think however, they would be putting new battery doors if that was the case. I dunno.

It's over and done, you baught the phone, enjoy and love it. Try doing a factory reset, put everything back into original condition before you start using it.

ps....if you search ebay, you can narrow down the sellers to US only, on the left hand side. you could probably order another case right now from a US seller, and it would probably arrive by tuesday, never a bad thing to have 2 cases.

Upvote 0
it could be stolen.. bought it off craigslist a couple days ago, so i don't really know. it's possibly a scam (now that i think of it). the box was sent from tmobile as an RMA. i shouldn't have bought it, but it's too late now.

If it was a RMA it probably a warranty exchange. The first thing they tell you not to do when you send your phone in is to send the battery or cover. The original owner probably sent it in for an exchange and forgot to snag the battery cover off before they sent it.

Upvote 0
i'm pretty sure it's some sort of scam. i knew the battery door was missing, i just didn't know why. the guy who sold it seemed sketchy (let's just say he doesn't seem like someone who would own a vibrant), and he also had other phones for sale. i'm not making any excuses. looking back, i should have just not purchased it. but it's too late now.

anyways, i don't even have a battery, or even a micro usb cable.. so no point in purchasing another case. i'll just have to wait 7-10 more days (then again, my friend is giving me an oem battery since he works at tmobile.. it's killing me inside to have this phone but not be able to use it. it makes me hate my iPhone even more).

Upvote 0
i'm pretty sure it's some sort of scam. i knew the battery door was missing, i just didn't know why. the guy who sold it seemed sketchy (let's just say he doesn't seem like someone who would own a vibrant), and he also had other phones for sale. i'm not making any excuses. looking back, i should have just not purchased it. but it's too late now.

anyways, i don't even have a battery, or even a micro usb cable.. so no point in purchasing another case. i'll just have to wait 7-10 more days (then again, my friend is giving me an oem battery since he works at tmobile.. it's killing me inside to have this phone but not be able to use it. it makes me hate my iPhone even more).

want to exchange your iphone for a battery door cover? ya i know, not a fare exchange, but who knows, you might say yes.:D

Upvote 0

Dude, does the phone even work? Did you try it out before you bought it?

I think you got a dud.

Upvote 0
i have a vibrant without the door.. it's hard to find, but apparently many people have the extra ones that come with the original packaging.

Hey, I may be wrong, but I have reason to think, the international samsung galaxy s i9000 battery door cover will fit your vibrant perfectly. When I look at my battery door cover, in faint letters, underneath the cover, it says i9000, most likely will fit perfectly.

go to ebay and put in samsung i9000 battery cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Battery-Cover-Samsung-i9000-Galaxy-S-/200519518716?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2eafe509fc
25 bucks with free shipping, comes from hong kong, theres others too.

this one is a couple bucks cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Battery-Cover-Samsung-i9000-Galaxy-S-New-/190445838166?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2c5774df56

just make sure they fit first, I think they probably do.

you can also try sending the seller a message, asking them if they know if it fits, or if they say it wont fit, I bet you most of those hong kong sellers can get you one that does.

edit
just found this, some guy ordered one, he hasn't gotten it yet, so keep an eye out on this link, see if his fits!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=775035

Upvote 0
thanks, but my friend gave m the door already. he has plenty of them, since he works at a tmo retail store.

Dude, does the phone even work? Did you try it out before you bought it?

I think you got a dud.

i brought some mini usb cables to test it (didn't know this was micro), so i wasn't able to test it. it was a bit risky, but the guy was willing to let me plug in (he thought i had the micro usb cable) the charger, so i figured it was a working phone.

btw, the door is such a pain in the ass to open.. it's lodged in so tight. i think i might just use a silicon cover and not even used the door (im gonna be using extra batteries).

Upvote 0
certainly does.. love the phone. now to read up the noob guides. i'm pretty certain it was in new condition.. it had the new smell (yes, i even sniffed the thing while waiting for the battery from my friend to arrive). it's also in immaculate condition. all in all, i got this phone and all the accessories for $275, even if it probably was a scammed phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones