1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anybody's electric bill go up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chris2k5, May 22, 2011.

1. chris2k5

chris2k5 Android Enthusiast

So I don't know if this is true or not but according to a co-worker, his electric bill went up quite a bit since owning the Thunderbolt...

Has anybody's electric bill gone up? He said it drains even while plugged in overnight so it is constantly using electric.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AustinTech

AustinTech Android Enthusiast

Oh my. Oooooooooh my.

3. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

+1

4. chris2k5

Do you two have any input on this? Can you confirm/deny it?

5. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Whether this phone is charging or in a holding state at the peak of the charge it will always use electricity if it is plugged in as with all electronics that are plugged in. I highly doubt that his phone caused a spike in his electricity bill. Actually i am positive this is untrue.

6. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

I lol'd when I read this!

7. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

Since the phone uses about 50 cents worth of electric a month I hardly think anyone could possibly notice.

therealbigrich and Funderbolt like this.
  8. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Android Enthusiast

Amazing thread we all just got punked hahaha!!! Thank you for this post. I hope you werent serious

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

My bill got super jacked up but it could be that we are having to run the AC more and more really don't think it is from the phone

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

My water bill went up because I wash my hands more often because I'm anal about getting the back cover of my phone dirty.....

11. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Android Enthusiast

El ohhh elllllll

12. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Ummmm, same person or the weirdest thing ever??

13. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I think the second may be a troll, either that or they just don't understand the thank button and instead just copy/paste.

14. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

best post of the day!! I'm gonna buy stock in the utility company since Thunderbolts are continuing to sell!

15. cbj5259

cbj5259 Newbie

Hahahahaha...its like saying my farts are causing global warming.

16. JEcht

JEcht Member

No you are just polluting the air with your stench :p.

17. weatherwolf

weatherwolf Newbie

My bill went up, gotta use the A/C more to keep my thunderbolt cool during these summer months!

18. Bulldog1970

Bulldog1970 Newbie

I have noticed the while using my phone in the car that my gas mileage has gotten worse. Also, since I've owned the T-Bolt, I have gained 50 pounds, my dog ran away, my neighbor's house burned down, and I can no longer play the piano. On a positive note, it also prevented the rapture!

19. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

My power bill has also gone up since I got my Bolt...then again, at the same time I bought a new 150 watt light for my uh....medicine cabinet...lol.

20. chris2k5

Being 100% serious, I did the same thing and it was a life saver. I was always taking the wrong medications when I reached into the cabinet blind. I would take my bipolar pills then other times I would have too many anxiety pills.

21. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

Ermmm...not that kinda medicine cabinet...XD lol. Prop 215/SB 420...lol.

22. riosgeovanny

riosgeovanny Member

My power bill went up to. I think its because i charge my 2.3 jigawat battery for my delorian at home though. I need pleutonium now!!!

McLabia likes this.
  23. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

I had to check... nope, my bill has stayed about the same.
    It's actually like $2 cheaper this month.

It's the thunderbolt man! it's feeding power back into the grid from those lightning bolts I tell ya! :D

McLabia likes this.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews